• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NGK CR9EB For Big Chute/Super Chute

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Some have experienced misfire issues under the elevated boost levels of the BC/SC pump gas/100 Octane kits. These issues have been cured by changing the spark plugs and adjusting the gap.

The recommended spark plug for these kits is:

NGK CR9EB plugs gapped to .020

When installing, make sure you do not pull the wire out of the spark plug cap inadvertently. This will also cause misfire issues.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
What is the difference in this plug vs. the stock plug and stock plug gap? Is the Iridium version(cr9eix) of this plug better yet?

Last edited:
K

Koby

Nov 26, 2007
Saddle Hills
I was one of those "some people". Thanks to the ultimate in customer care, my sled is now 0 to I think I just crapped my pants, in under 3 seconds - LOL.
Sent an e-mail to WKM describing the problem. Shortly after I got a call from Jim at EVO. Received a clear and concise check list and recommendations.
Further to that, got a call the same evening to insure sled was running to my satisfaction.
Signed
Darn Happy EVO Customer!

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Yes. On NGK plugs and most others the higher number is cooler. The heat range is simply a measure of how quickly the spark plug dissipates the heat from the last cycle. Boosted motors or any with high cylinder pressure require a cooler plug to ensure the plug has cooled enough not to light the next cycle prematurely (detonation). The tighter gap makes sure the spark is not blown out ....so to speak.

Last edited:
S
Dec 31, 2010
changed plugs on buddies this morning. wow now the sled rocks. flawless all day

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

Premium Features