• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

big chute turbo build

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
There are definitely easier ways to get the turbo in and out. One way is to convert all of the studs on the turbo to bolts. This gives much needed clearance to get the turbo in and out without taking everything apart.

I'd like to replace all the studs from header to turbo and also exhaust to turbo when I reinstall my BC kit. What size and grade of bolt have you been using?[/QUOTE]

They are all M8 x 1.25. I will put together a list and post it soon.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
More power

These big chute turbos look good. My only question is what will you do for clutching? I'm only running 220 hp and I cant get 500 miles on a belt. Belt heat is terrible. These new turbos make more power and I dont think guys will get it to the track.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
These big chute turbos look good. My only question is what will you do for clutching? I'm only running 220 hp and I cant get 500 miles on a belt. Belt heat is terrible. These new turbos make more power and I dont think guys will get it to the track.

What do you have done for clutching? 95% of the 1100's we sold do not have the stock clutching. I have almost 800 miles on my original belt and I don't know any one that had more hp at elevation than I did even before the BC275 kit. Our clutching seemed to work great and as much venting as possible is what I told everyone. I had a belt go in less than 3 km after I forgot to to move the mesh from the old panel to the Cat vented panel. That isn't the belts fault. We never had multiple belt offenders but most left the store new with different clutching. Evo never had problems with the belt thru testing all last winter...and we discussed that possibility a lot during that time.

O.B.

Lifetime Membership
Mar 24, 2008
missoula mt
going back together with the track install. Thats a lot of work just to change the track.

IMG_0679.jpg

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
I decided to move my gauges from the original spot because I couldn't use my goggle bag and I know I would regret them there the first ride when my goggles fogged up. I think the windshield will help the keep the snow off them too. Before and afterImageUploadedByTapatalk1348112735.946418.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1348112787.206939.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348112676.200900.jpg

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I agree divorced is better but I don't think the little divider you see on some of the outlets is worth 3 HP or more. That has not been proven on any independent Dyno. I'm sure the companies making them will tell you otherwise.

Voodoo,

You are correct - there is no measurable HP difference between the divorced and non divorced up pipe with the stock turbo outlet design. We did many back to back to back dyno runs. All of our 2.5 and 3" stock turbo and BC exhausts will be non divorced.

Last edited:

O.B.

Lifetime Membership
Mar 24, 2008
missoula mt
Well got my blankets yesterday. Fit like a glove. Will finally have it together this weekend . Iwill just have to figure out my air intake with the diamond s hood.

IMG_0683.jpg

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Well got my blankets yesterday. Fit like a glove. Will finally have it together this weekend . Iwill just have to figure out my air intake with the diamond s hood.

How hard does the heat shield come off under the header? Any tips?

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Yes there is one on the bottom side of the header and I'm not sure how its attached, very dark down there.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Are the bottom bolts reachable with the turbo on? Just wondering if I need a keg or case for the job!

Last edited:
H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
If you have small hands a speed wrench and patience I would say it could be done.......now I would not recommend a keg because the whole thing will be torn apart or nothing will get done. Lol

Premium Features