• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T videos where are they?

H

HCM

Jan 12, 2010
The 1100 was pulling 8100 rpm and a 3" 174 that snow that day was 1 foot of fresh a 1" of crust and no bottom after that once the 1100 dug through the crust it was all she wrote that sled does go and is very impressive it will trench down to something most of the time and just keep going but not in this chute that was 1/2 way to the top. The twisted 1000 was running 9 lbs of boost should have cranked it up to 14 for the next chute I didn't make it out of that day.
They are waiting for a new helix for the 1100 does not ever sound like they want to pull like they should what is a good one to go with?

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/CAZyjLNGMdQ&list=UUPWpOmw_UAE6NbAPGR8ALog&index=1&feature=plcp>
</EMBED><!-- / message --><!-- controls --> Rate this post: |

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
1100 helixes

Wow, didn't sound like it was pulling that rpm. Damn camera microphones. The majority of our 1100's have a progressive helix that seems to work very well. About the time the turbo is getting spooled the load increases with it, builds track speed quickly. We run 38/46's for the most part with the Cat orange spring. If you haven't done a search yet there are quite a few threads on this with some great info.

When you get that figured out a Big Chute 280 kit will even up the playing field with the t1000 lol.

H

HCM

Jan 12, 2010
Thanks. I think that is what is they have ordered, they just got an af gage on the sled so they can tune it a bit think there is some more in the tuning all so.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Justboostit- Ive been looking at getting an a/f and boost gauges, just wondering what the install of these were like? Where did you mount your sensors at?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I tied into the boost line at the throttle body for the boost gauge and my straight pipe has 2 bungs in it.

Install not real complex, but be careful as the a/f wiring will run across the top of the motor and it is insanely hot so tie it up as high as you can. I welded a gauge mount out of aluminum that bolts into the adjusting bolts on the Rox adjustable riser. Used the mounting clamps that came with the gauge cups. The gauges don't come with these they are sold separately.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Here's a video with one in Revy working at the Lake Chute. These sleds are heavvvvvy !! I've rode with a few with varying mods done, they just don't seem to crank out the Hp. Not that I've seen anyway. This is the only real chute I've seen one make. A decent tuned two-stroke turbo will drive circles around one. I would say going from a Turbo Nytro to one of these would be a step backwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6OrnKW_Ms

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Here's a video with one in Revy working at the Lake Chute. These sleds are heavvvvvy !! I've rode with a few with varying mods done, they just don't seem to crank out the Hp. Not that I've seen anyway. This is the only real chute I've seen one make. A decent tuned two-stroke turbo will drive circles around one. I would say going from a Turbo Nytro to one of these would be a step backwards.

There pretty fun from the factory for the power levels. But we ask far too much for the stock configuration. They need more air and the turbo can't provide. Simple enough said. But they do have room to grow. We are comparing large flowing aftermarket turbo kits vs a stock turbo sled with a chip.

Why would weight have anything to do with snowmobiling? :light: That being said in an attempt to add additional weight and fix the dreaded baby turbo syndrome... COMPOUND TURBOS? Didn't see that coming did you :face-icon-small-sho Teaser attached...

25PSI

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership

Not sure how many turbo nitro are around 215hp....

I know Garrett, he has the same as most for mods, 210-215hp. Only know a few that have a divorced downpipe, that will add 8-10. The best running ones on the hill are not more than 225, unless they've upgraded the turbo, and got it to make more boost. That's an elite crowd right now. I have a feeling Garrett will be coming to see me this fall if he wants the razzing to stop from his riding buddies.

Our group has pg and rg turbos and it takes a good running rg m8 to stay with a good running 1100. I'd be more than happy to put a Evo BC kit on a hill with a 270 Nitro...that's fair. The cost to do it might not be.....For the cost of a 270 MCX Nitro kit I can have the same power and be around 600lbs rtr. It's a good time to be a 4s Cat guy, if that's going backwards i'll take 2 steps please.

I built and rode an MCX turbo yami for 4 years and know what it costs to build one to that performance level. Can't be hatin' on me lol.

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

Hell I am actually kinda impressed with that one, looks like he was actually caring a little speed up that shoot. First one I have ever seen that looks like is making much power. like you said they seem heavy though.

The 1100t has a lot of potential I think most people are just sick of hearing all the BS hp numbers from them. I have seen more then one guy on the hill claiming 280hp out of his 1100t and I don't know if they would do what a stock 800 would do. Not even comparable to my Impulse Nytro at 17psi which realistically is prolly only 250-270hp.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The 11t can run with modded apexs on the track. . . . Like said above the baby turbo is just that a baby turbo. Me wants a big compressor for mine. . . Just not sure yet. . . . What the wife will say. . .

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
The 1100t has a lot of potential I think most people are just sick of hearing all the BS hp numbers from them. I have seen more then one guy on the hill claiming 280hp out of his 1100t and I don't know if they would do what a stock 800 would do. Not even comparable to my Impulse Nytro at 17psi which realistically is prolly only 250-270hp.

Trust me I'm sick of telling people they don't have the hp their re-flash guy told them.....unless we are all heading to sea level lol. Been saying it for a year, but what do we know. We're just the guys that ride this stuff at 7500'.

When the stock 1100 was tested in SW against the 180 kit on the Nitro they said the Nitro felt like it had more power. Makes sense, fully aftermarket, purpose designed, turbo system. Factory Cat is limited by models it goes on and the bean counters. What they also said was the Cat was a better handling sled. Does anyone have a weight of a stock '12 nitro with a pg or rg kit on it? Weight will feel differently on whatever you are comfortable on. I know this isn't even a conversation if we both spend 7k. Nitro has a 270 turbo and I have the same but weight just over 600lbs. That is considerably lighter than a stock nitro with a kit added. I'm not saying you can't get it to the same weight, it will just cost way more $$$$.

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
You are right, the 1100 might have some potential if someone put a bigger turbo on it and took the time to tune it properly. I'd be looking at the GTX turbo and possibly a water to air intercooler. I would just have a hard time dropping 7-10 G+ into something that might work vs a Nytro that is a proven chassis/engine, etc.

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
You are right, the 1100 might have some potential if someone put a bigger turbo on it and took the time to tune it properly. I'd be looking at the GTX turbo and possibly a water to air intercooler. I would just have a hard time dropping 7-10 G+ into something that might work vs a Nytro that is a proven chassis/engine, etc.

It's only $2500 for 275hp, but who's counting lol. There is no debating the reliability of Yamaha sleds for sure.

The potential is not an unknown at this point, it is proven from a horsepower standpoint. It is a lot more complicated than just physically mounting a larger turbo as some have already found out. The Cat ecu is as advanced as modern car. To tune it for elevation is proving to be the challenge most are running into. If you are not in the Cat circle is isn't widely known that Evolution Powersports have had their Big Chute pg and rg kits on the hill for 4 months themselves and were in R&D for 6 months before that. Both those kits use the stock turbo with a different cartridge on the motor intake side. Their shop in Colorado is at 6500' where they test and tune. It is the only company at this time that designed and built their own re-cartridged stock turbo for their mountain tune. It has enough air to surpass what the factory injectors and pump supply. That is why the kits with that turbo are spec'd at 275. They are in the final stages of their competely new bigger turbo for the over 300hp kits. It is a custom build also. Let's just say your idea for a WTA is more than an idea at this point....

If you take a peek at Evolution's website you'll find they are very highend tuners in the automotive world but their passion for 20+ years has been mountain sledding. They also have product that was designed jointly with a very reputable aftermarket Yami company so they are not just into Cat's, they are into 4 stroke sleds.

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
It's only $2500 for 275hp, but who's counting lol. There is no debating the reliability of Yamaha sleds for sure.

The potential is not an unknown at this point, it is proven from a horsepower standpoint. If you are not in the Cat circle is isn't widely known that Evolution Powersports have had their Big Chute pg and rg kits on the hill for 4 months and were in R&D for 6 before that. Their shop is at 6500' where they test and tune. It is the only company that designed and builds the re-cartridged stock turbo for their mountain tune. Let's just say your idea for a WTA is more than an idea at that point....

If you take a peek at Evolution's website you'll find they are very highend tuners in the automotive world but their passion for 20+ years has been mountain sledding. They also have product that was designed with a very reputable aftermarket Yami company so they are not just into Cat's.

I've looked through the site, I'm interested to see them run. Hopefully for the cat guys, they can deliver what they claim. Good for them for testing and tuning something prior to releasing to the public. It will be interesting to hear customers feedback once they hit the snow.

Good luck..

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
275 with the large turbo is going to be nice. . . If you follow the flatland guys you know that D&D along wiht boondocker developed a 2860 kit for the 11t years ago and there are alot of them on the trail. . . Granted that is not the mountain. . But I know of a few guys running big hp on the trail 300+. It is pretty sweet that the cat electronics can control the turbo. Bigger turbo, refined map, lower boost threshold=awesome. Glenn Hall made 600 hp on a 11t engine. . . Granted alot of work done to the engine to do that but he stated that it was a stock crank. I don't think alot of the nytro guys are running stock engines either. . . And are running $6000-$7000 turbo kits. Do the same workover on the 11t and I think you will be equally impressed for less cha ching. Everything is cheaper. . . Only 2 cylinders= 2/3 the price of the nytro engine mods.

Duke I would have to say that the 11t in the video you posted in the chute does look to be one of the most impressive videos of the 11t I have seen to date in the mountains. Interested in what he is running for a tune and exhaust.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
275 with the large turbo is going to be nice. . . If you follow the flatland guys you know that D&D along wiht boondocker developed a 2860 kit for the 11t years ago and there are alot of them on the trail. . . Granted that is not the mountain. . But I know of a few guys running big hp on the trail 300+. It is pretty sweet that the cat electronics can control the turbo. Bigger turbo, refined map, lower boost threshold=awesome. Glenn Hall made 600 hp on a 11t engine. . . Granted alot of work done to the engine to do that but he stated that it was a stock crank. I don't think alot of the nytro guys are running stock engines either. . . And are running $6000-$7000 turbo kits. Do the same workover on the 11t and I think you will be equally impressed for less cha ching. Everything is cheaper. . . Only 2 cylinders= 2/3 the price of the nytro engine mods.

Duke I would have to say that the 11t in the video you posted in the chute does look to be one of the most impressive videos of the 11t I have seen to date in the mountains. Interested in what he is running for a tune and exhaust.

Justboostit might know more, to my knowledge it was running the hijacker and straightpipe. He was also clamped from the bottom, once making the corner and starting up the steep part of the chute, the sled ran out of steam quickly.

I think 200 hp at any boost level is probably generous for this turbo at altitude. I cant imagine the heat and backpressure that little turbo is putting out trying to run 17+#'s boost. There should be no reason that sled cant make decent power, it is an 1100cc air pump, no different than anything else. The Yami's and Doo's are making power, just need to find the right combination of turbo, fuel controller, clutching, etc. Glad to see guys are pushing the sled, definately more potential than I've seen so far...

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
He has a 2.0, not sure on what boost level. Anything over 22lbs is useless as it can't maintain it. The longer the turbo is at WOT the quicker it becomes heat soaked. Obviously the steep part of the hill affects the speed, but in riding one all year I can tell you the heat soaking starts after about 15 seconds. That is why they feel stronger when you are doing short bursts of WOT and giving it time to cool down between WOT. You can set the 2.0 for more boost, and you notice the increase in power, but the increase is offset by how hot you let the turbo get. I see 21-22lbs on my boost gauge so it does make more than 200hp at 6-7000'. I'm not sure what Garrett has for clutching if any. I also have as much venting as possible on mine trying to get the hot air out. Almost all the 1100's we sold this year were with a 2.0 and straight pipe or Hindle we built so I am familiar with how they perform in that configuration. I would say with the weightloss (most guys don't have as much) and downpipe mine feels substantially stronger than the other guys in the group. Does that make it comparible to a Nitro 270 or even 240, of course not.

I will be riding one of the two kits at the end of the month so I'll have real time on it. Hopefully there will be decent weather to get some footage.

Last edited:
J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
I noticed the heat soak this winter also. Mine was only modded with straight pipe, open air tube so maybe 190hp. On short pulls it was great, long wide open runs I would see the track speed drop off 5 to 8 mph. I wondered what was going on.

I know how the guy on the cat feels in the video.... nuf

Last edited:

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Thanks for the info man, should have no problem welding in another bung, I made my own straight pipe so it shouldn't be hard. Do I need to worry where I mount it in the pipe? I was thinking just putting it next to the O2 sensor. I'm pretty sure I saw a picture on a different thread where they tapped into the boost line. Should be able to knock this out this weekend. I haven't rode in over a month, but we just got some Fresh pow up top on the island I am working on, so we'll see what happens! Thanks again!

Premium Features