• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T actual digital scale weights

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
This post by WKR was at the end of the bonndocking thread so I thought it deserved it's own.... seeing as all anyone really cares about when it comes to any 4-stroke is the weight. As all my posts after the Cat demo ride said it was a very good effort for a factory sled.:face-icon-small-coo

Weighed the 2012 162 le 1100t and here is the break down do what you will with these numbers. There real and have videos to prove it,

Dry 554
Less seat 543
Less exhaust can 525
Less the battery 512
Less hood and side panels 490 lbs

Add 2 pounds back for light weight battery 492
Add2.5 for light weight seat 495
Add 10 back fir carbon fibre hood panels airbox 505 dry.

Ours Is getting full carbon chassey, tank and skid . We will have it hanging from our scale in the showroom at 450lbs with 250 hp by sept 1. I think c3 is taking deposits on the different combinations available. Tank and battery option would save 20lbs. At any rate it will inexpensive relative to other projects to get your 1100turbo around 500 lbs. Enjoy

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
No fluids. So with antifreeze, and I guess brake fluid, would it be around the 560lbs they were saying....probably pretty close.

It was weighted to document what the losses with something lighter will be.

Now...if anyone is a scientific nerd and wants to tell everyone how much antifreeze weights and debate how much it might weight with these fluids in the sled......please fight every bone in your body and not tell us. This is more information than we have ever had from a new sled....especially this early on. We all know how these threads go and for once I would like it to stay in the facts instead of theory. This is not a shot at WyoBoy1000 for sure, I think he has "hill cred" lol.

Take it for exactly what it is, and thanks to someone for taking the time to do it.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Just asking to be clear as many get dry and crate confused.

Thanks for doing it for sure, I just remember when doo put out there dry weight on the xp and there was no fluid at all, not even shock fluid (from what I was told, who knows) and AC is known for showing crate weight and shipping the sleds ready for gas and oil, just gas with a 4 stroke. I am surprised that you are saying it was actually dry. no, antifreeze, brake fluid, engine oil, chain case oil, shock fluid, you get the point. If its not laid out clearly someone will throw a wrench in the mess.

If I could get one under 480lbs and realibly tough for less than a T800 I would be very interested.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Wiating

This post by WKR was at the end of the bonndocking thread so I thought it deserved it's own.... seeing as all anyone really cares about when it comes to any 4-stroke is the weight. As all my posts after the Cat demo ride said it was a very good effort for a factory sled.:face-icon-small-coo

Weighed the 2012 162 le 1100t and here is the break down do what you will with these numbers. There real and have videos to prove it,

Dry 554
Less seat 543
Less exhaust can 525
Less the battery 512
Less hood and side panels 490 lbs

Add 2 pounds back for light weight battery 492
Add2.5 for light weight seat 495
Add 10 back fir carbon fibre hood panels airbox 505 dry.

Ours Is getting full carbon chassey, tank and skid . We will have it hanging from our scale in the showroom at 450lbs with 250 hp by sept 1. I think c3 is taking deposits on the different combinations available. Tank and battery option would save 20lbs. At any rate it will inexpensive relative to other projects to get your 1100turbo around 500 lbs. Enjoy

Will be interesting see any combination of light weight kits on a scale with the sled ready to ride. I've always wandered what the advantage of weighing something that can't be used is. Like you said about the weight of this machine from the factory,, should be easy enough to get one down to 500 pretty easy and as well as they are suppose to handle should make the 1100 a solid ride..

Last edited:

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
No fluids. So with antifreeze, and I guess brake fluid, would it be around the 560lbs they were saying....probably pretty close.

It was weighted to document what the losses with something lighter will be.

Now...if anyone is a scientific nerd and wants to tell everyone how much antifreeze weights and debate how much it might weight with these fluids in the sled......please fight every bone in your body and not tell us. This is more information than we have ever had from a new sled....especially this early on. We all know how these threads go and for once I would like it to stay in the facts instead of theory. This is not a shot at WyoBoy1000 for sure, I think he has "hill cred" lol.

Take it for exactly what it is, and thanks to someone for taking the time to do it.

50/50 green antifreeze stuff weighs 67lbs/cubic foot. Typical sleds hold 5-6qts of coolant. A cubic foot is 1728 cubic inches, a gallon is 231 cubic inches, 1.5 gallons is 346.5 cubic inches which makes for 67 x 346.5/1728= 13.43lbs. I hope someone doesn't start saying how light it feels on the throttle, ala Yamaheavy advertising.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
50/50 green antifreeze stuff weighs 67lbs/cubic foot. Typical sleds hold 5-6qts of coolant. A cubic foot is 1728 cubic inches, a gallon is 231 cubic inches, 1.5 gallons is 346.5 cubic inches which makes for 67 x 346.5/1728= 13.43lbs. I hope someone doesn't start saying how light it feels on the throttle, ala Yamaheavy advertising.

LMAO, well done. I knew someone would have to do it.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

Don't forget the crankcase oil...:becky:

Serious question though, how does the 1100T compare to a nytroT weight wise?

or the N/A compared to the nytro?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
There you have it. A couple of easy parts and I am at the weight of my old sled which I had for over 10 years.....

I like it !!!!!

YOu really dont feel the weight of this fourstroke. :face-icon-small-ton

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
I'd like to see the 2.5lb seat and 2lb battery, is that a cardboard box to sit on and a few double a's strapped together.

You forgot to deduct 5 pounds if you fill the tank with helium.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'd like to see the 2.5lb seat and 2lb battery, is that a cardboard box to sit on and a few double a's strapped together.

Actually both are pretty common.

Gonna have to look into the helium thing though...:face-icon-small-win

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I am actually looking into just losing 30lbs off my arse this summer. It will be free. It is going to suck but it will be free. It seems like the boss seats have weighed around 6lbs. That would not be a bad way to lose a few lbs or so. The thing that scares me about the lightweight battery is possibly making a reliabilty issue with starting.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Weighing a sled, whether ready to ride or not, is irrelevent when you are measuring loss on specific stuff, hood, seat, panels, etc. Some are concerned with total weight, I personally am not. That sled without anything done isn't that far off my lightweighted TPex I rode for 4 years, and that cost about 8K to lose the lbs.

No matter what the ready to ride weight number will be, everyone will still have to ride it to see if it is for them. The lighter it ends of being, the more people it will appeal to for sure.

I rode it, and I would be happy just putting the power on it I am used to without the weight loss. That's just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.:face-icon-small-win

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada

wheel your *** down to C3 composites, they have the seat sitting there, take your digital scale and be prepared to pull your foot out of your mouth. they also have the battery, look up the battery on shorai battteries. 1.8 lbs, with 12v and 380 cranking amps. lithium ion battery. stock is 12.4 lbs, with 12v and 360 cranking amps. facts! not hypothesis!

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
What are you talking about I have my facts right, good heavy duty box will be 2.5 lbs and 8 double a's are under 2lbs? Make sure add in a tube of preparation h for your arse after riding on a balsa wood seat and 1lb for a set of booster cables and 1 lb for the extra pop you will need to barter a boost after you kill the battery.

Lighten up champ it's summer.

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I've run a 2.5 lbs battery in my TPex for 4 years, never boosted by anyone.

I've made aluminum car battery boxes that weighed less than 2.5 lbs so I hope no one has trouble fabbing up one that is less than a pound for that battery.

We are not really quibbling about a pound here and a pound there are we? If someone wants to have no seat and stand the whole time that's their choice.....or maybe we should tell them how they should ride too..:kev:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Last edited:
J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Those are lightened up seats, think I'm sticking with the stock seat looking forward to the heated seat. I was poking some unneeded fun but I do hope for a real weight in the 500 range with 200 hp.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Here's a spy pic of the new 2.5lb seat. It's been in testing on heavy 4 strokes since 2009.

Hyperlite seat.jpg

Premium Features