• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 boondocker turbo burns down pto side

T
I have 08 boondocker m 1000 race turbo w/ ada, that keeps burning down pto side,tried 6 lbs boost up to 14 lbs burns down about every other ride. no 02 sensor but egts in 1250's check plugs and piston wash all good, mag side looks great every time. crank run out is under .002, bearings all good, running out of ideas, need help. considering going to pure logic or attitude, any idea's or anyone done this swap?

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
I did it on mine but it sounds like you have other issues than the controller. Have you spoken with anyone at Boondocker about it?

Are you wide open when it burns down? Could you be losing it in the mid? Is it detonation?

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Do you have egts for each cylinder? leak down tested the crankcase? made sure the secondary injectors are working correctly?

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
happen to me few times,

max boost on PG is 8psi, also you need to check your numbers
and use afr and koso to se the numbers

I have 08 boondocker m 1000 race turbo w/ ada, that keeps burning down pto side,tried 6 lbs boost up to 14 lbs burns down about every other ride. no 02 sensor but egts in 1250's check plugs and piston wash all good, mag side looks great every time. crank run out is under .002, bearings all good, running out of ideas, need help. considering going to pure logic or attitude, any idea's or anyone done this swap?

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
check the block ,warped on one side. We had a sled here we called the burn down king tried everything seals gaskets boots you name it we tried it. put a straight edge on the block one end was 10thousand lower on the edge .goodluck

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
twisted conversion would be cheaper than a burn down every other.

It wouldn't be cheaper if it doesn't fix the problem. I would probably check the crank seals, injectors, wiring, and even give Boondocker a call and have the fuel controller checked before I pizzed away a couple grand on something that probably won't fix the problem.

Premium Features