• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pure Logic Box

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
Should my PL box light up when I apply 9V to it, sled died on hill. Had spark and 40lbs of fuel pressure, wouldnt start for nothing, new plugs etc. Put power to it an nothing, is 9V enough? Thnx

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ive got the same problem let me know what you find out

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The PL box will power up with a 9v battery. The power must be applied to the main injector power wire and the main ground wire. The problem you are describing is usually caused by the sled's temp sender showing over heat and will not allow the sled to start. PLT along with others offer hot start swtiches to correct this problem. If you have questions contact me at 801-940-7777

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The PL box will power up with a 9v battery. The power must be applied to the main injector power wire and the main ground wire. The problem you are describing is usually caused by the sled's temp sender showing over heat and will not allow the sled to start. PLT along with others offer hot start swtiches to correct this problem. If you have questions contact me at 801-940-7777

can you elaborate more on this as it seems to be a common problem on M series turbos. The reason i ask is from what I read it is the water temp sensor and I have seen NA sleds in an overheat situation with temp warnings on the dash and such and they will fire right up after you shut them off.

what is it about the turbos that causes this?

Is the water temp much hotter than on a NA motor but obviously not hot enough to trigger any water temp warnings.

thanks,
Woody

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
PL box

Thnx Trav I will give you a shout in the morn.

L

little_orange_cat

Apr 7, 2008
lynden
www.myspace.com
how long would the over heat last? why wouldnt the sled start up once it cools down? some times my sled gets a vapor lock and wil not start and i have to pull the plugs and dump some fuel in the holes then usully fires right up steve knows what im talking about he was there last time it happened we all had are fair share of pulls before doing this.

S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
Little orange you are probably getting fuel on the sensor in the bottum of the crank case that is causing the problem. My 07 had to have the bypass switch installed on real hard pulls if I shut the sled down to soon and not let it cool down enough the sensor gets to hot and wont let the sled start till it cools off. by putting fuel on it Im guessing your cooling it off. By installing the bypass switch you reset the sensor in some fashion.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Turbo charged cats and any modified cats making high horse power have increased the running temp of the engine. The coolant after the sled is shut off quits flowing and heat soaks the temp sender because of no coolant flow. This sends the coolant sensor into fail safe and will not let the sled start until the coolant temp comes down. This is why we build a coolant cancel assembly with the matching plugs to the sensor so the signal can be interupted to start the sled. When the sled restarts the coolant starts flowing and the colder coolant then gets to the temp sender and then it reads ok. The big problem is people will put the turbo kit on and increase the horesepower but they will not put larger coolers in the sled to cool the engine that needs more cooling because of the increased horespower. These coolers are available from OVS and are a needed investment.

Premium Features