• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD Resistor value?

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
Anyone have the resistor value for the bypass of the mass/cold air sensor handy? Mine seems to be missing at install. I'm told the reading is taken at 25 degrees so short of an icebox reading, I'm hoping one of you can verify that it's about 32K ohms since that what I read when putting it in the freezer until it hits 25.

Doubt that it matters but it is a Race Gas Turbo.

B
eludnu is da man

Thank you so much. I'm running my bd turbo with my home made harness etc and boost transducer(180cdn$) as bd sucks. I'm got sick and tired of waiting for my ebc. I don't even want to start ranting about that bs. The only piece I was not sure of was the resistor. 2 rides with the "mickey mouse" homemade setup, with 32k resistor, and it works good. I want to say "screw you bd".........but I won't.

Cheers to you Eludnu.:beer;

edit...I have to say more, I can't help it....I ride with quite a few guys here in bc that use the bd turbos. After this fiasco, I think we all will be looking at Cutler and Twisted harder. This is a joke. We start riding in early-mid Nov here. If I have to wait until Jan for a part, that was part of a 5000+cdn$ kit, I don't think I'll buy another one. I can't believe I'm on the internet waiting for an answer to this question. These are ideas bd should be offering out. I work for a manufacturing company and we could never get away with this s**t. So far 2-3 of my buddies have/are buying a kit from bd on my recomendation(sp) but I think I'll be re-thinking that one. I won't blame the dealer as maybe I didn't ask the right question of him.....but.....I want to get really mad at someone.

Last edited:
E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
I'm interested in how you came to the same value of 32K? (It did seem to work okay in mine, but I decided to not leave anything to chance and go for the "right" resistor."

props to you for trying your own harness!

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
BTW Bone, I won't tell you what the resistor cost me from BD. You might well pop. :D It was WAY, WAY X's more than the resistor I got from Radio Shack.

Oh well, cheaper than a problem I guess....

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
Sorry, one more. I'm glad I didn't order a EBC based on what I reading...

(who needs "boost" when running 13.5+ PSi anyway. :) :) :) )

Last edited:
B
I'm interested in how you came to the same value of 32K? (It did seem to work okay in mine, but I decided to not leave anything to chance and go for the "right" resistor."

props to you for trying your own harness!

I used a resistor that bd supplied for older polaris's that was 6.8k ohm. I read your earlier post and tried the 32k. Just ended up staying with the 32 via being lazy and working with what I had.

Premium Features