• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What happened to DFI???

T
Dec 6, 2007
Not sure about when a DFI will come out from Pol but if you have not had the reflash done get it. My fuel economy is great since I had it done and it runs very well.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
I would think Polaris and Cat are both fine tuning their DI before they release it. Seems they dont rush things to the market anymore whereas Doo is content letting riders be their test dummies. By 2012 most all 2 strokes will be DI.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
the DI should make more power for the same amount of fuel because it can be controlled more precisley and there is no air/fuel mixture going out the exhust
it will be a more efficient and cleaner burning engine

The next step in the evolution of the two stroke will be a closed loop oil system like on the four strokes

then they can put some kinda valve/guillotine/solenoid on the intake side and they will come stoke with the blower/turbo charging system

Then look out two stroke weight with four stroke low end grunt and still two stroke top end

these are all just assumptions the public and the the $$$ will decide where it all goes

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
One limiting factor for DFI may be RPM. So little time to get the fuel in the combustion chamber. The faster the RPM the less time available. DFI tends hp tends to drop off sharply one you reach this limit.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
With comments like that, who's really surprised your comments get deleted!

Grow up a little, take two of these, and log off for a while.

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
I read this thread earlier and reported all of PUDs comments to the admin.. They deleted them within 10 min.. If someone is acting like PUD did you dont even have to say anything to him... Just report it and he will be more pizzed than anything..

Anyway not meaning to hijack the thread just a little info.. back to the topic at hand

Premium Features