• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HID headlights on 2009 RMK 800 Dragon

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
yes they will fit, almost every sled on the market takes an H4 bulb becides most arctic cats witch in there case runs 880 bulbs and have seperate high and low beams.

on my 600 rmk i had 2 years ago i have 8ks in the headlights and i had a 3000k in my center beam witch is a yellow bulb, it sure was nice for night riding and when it was flat out.

Awesome thanks, I'll be ordering a set for my self for sure, maybe make it two since they will also fit his edge.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
I just ordered a 8000K set for my 08 RMK. I have a 6000K Bi Xenon kit in my headlights and a regular 6000k kit in my foglights in my 09 F-150 and when I have both of them on I can see everything. Looking forward to seeing the difference on my sled. :D

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
photo-780466.jpg

here is polaris masters HID install as of tonight

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Those light's make such a big deference. They light up the snow so much better. But it seem's they are not as far distance wise as stock.

I have to agree. I don't have them in a sled yet, but do have them in 2 of my own rigs, and did my father in laws truck as well. They are totally amazing. I too do not feel that they reach out quite as far as a good set of halogens, but what they do light up is like daylight from ditch to ditch. No pencil beams, or spots, just a very wide bright swath across the road. I will give up a small amount of distance for what you gain with them.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i also agree with you that the hids dont go out as far as the stock bulbs but on my sled i dont need lots of distance and on my truck i have hids in the headlights and foglights and for distance i have 4 piaa pencil beams with 135 watt bulbs so i have all my areas covered.
if your looking for a great but cheep set of lights for your front bumper for distance go to schucks and buy there 7 inch hid lights there only like 107.99 per light and they work sweet ive had people that i know run them on the iron dog and they still worked 2000 miles later so they will work great on your truck.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
i also agree with you that the hids dont go out as far as the stock bulbs but on my sled i dont need lots of distance and on my truck i have hids in the headlights and foglights and for distance i have 4 piaa pencil beams with 135 watt bulbs so i have all my areas covered.
if your looking for a great but cheep set of lights for your front bumper for distance go to schucks and buy there 7 inch hid lights there only like 107.99 per light and they work sweet ive had people that i know run them on the iron dog and they still worked 2000 miles later so they will work great on your truck.

LOL! Got them on Grandpa's truck. That is what started me down the H.I.D road in the 1st place. Once again, my big lightforces on my truck reach out a little farther than those 7" hid's from schucks, but man, the bright, wide beam of those things are incredible.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Got mine today. :) Gave my buddy his for his edge, (early christmas) lol Will be putting them into his pretty soon, but not sure if I will use mine in my sled or not. As I'm planning to sell the thing, And the sled I'm looking at uses different bulbs, so I might end up selling them...

Premium Features