• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top 10 Polaris 800 RMK Mods.. Dragons or Base Models

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
So we just got our family a few 2009 800 RMK Dragon's from Tri City Performance this week. I am needing to mod it as "I Am Man!!!"
I started by by buying an SLP Single off of MR. Redrock. I'll get the tri city Intake kit, the one where they change out the circle intake under the dash board, and after that I want to do some V-Force 3 Reeds. Carls Cycle is selling them for 175$ shipped.
Whats the labor to install a pair of Reeds??
After the Reeds will be a PCIII, and after that I'll finish it off with a head either from SLP or Carl's Head Mod.

So.... I want to know your top 10 mods you would do to your sled if you had the money to blow, no turbo kits or nos, just nice simpler mods that keep it reliable.

here's my top 10.

1. SLP Single Pipe and Can
2. SLP Intake Kit
3. V-force Reeds
4. Power Comander III
5. SLP Head (or carls cycle 100$ head mod, if it's all it's cracked up to be)
6. Better Boards
7. 2 Cool Air vents' Side Vent's
8. Tri City Performance Bumper
9. Skid Plate
10. Polaris Hand Guards
11. Drilled Mud Flap (weight savings!!!)

Let me know what your list would be please!!!
Thanks, harry

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
best mod for the dragon?..change the track..Pc or the camo extreme will do more then any other mod on a stock dragon.(the 5.1 sucks in all but certain types of powder snow)..after that..better clutching, gears, slp single, better skid and shocks all around,as well as lots of vents(including the slp powder valves for deep snow days), and better boards(first of course before you even ride it.....

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
Save yourself some time and money and buy the Skinz bumper. You dont have to cut the hell out of your sled. Its a nice and easy install.

Changing the track helps and the shocks are a must replace. Go Fox Floats.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Some kind of clutch venting
Skinz bumpers front and rear
gearing 19/42
get ahold of Ron on here for better clutching
Skinz handguards...better coverage, less $ and more versital than the plastic shields in my opinion.
Go over your sled with a fine toothed comb. Checking bolts for tightness, cables for proper routing etc...
Oh, I love my Skinz grip top seat wrap too! That thing is a huge improvement. :D
Holy crap! Almost forgot the Skinz float plate!!!!!!!! You have to get one of those.

Fast_XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Don't waste time and your money on the V-force reeds! They add little to nothing on that sled. It already has the v-force style of reed cage. There were also reliability issues with them in the 800 CFI's. The PCIII is a much better investment.
Neil

polarfox

Lifetime Membership
It sounds like you really want to make some improvements, then consider these. Not only will you realize nice performance increases, but they will feel extreme with the diet you put it on with the other mods.

Carls 860 big bore
Clutching to compliment the motor
Holtz front A's
Fox Floats
Holtz rear suspension and rails
Better boards
full vented side panels
Powder Pro ski's with Carls mod.

P

pumpnlead

Jan 14, 2008
Nebraska Panhandle
1. 19/42 gears
2. Better Boards
3. Camo Extreme
4. Skinz float plate
5. Skinz front bumper
6. Vents
7. SLP Air Horn
8. Skinz Seat cover
9. Holtz A arms
10. WARNING DECAL REMOVAL...weight savings... :)

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Better boards
side vents
footwell vents
shock tower vents
clutching-Rons weights and Carls helix
SLP air horn and filters
holz rear suspension
SLP powder valves
Camo extreme track
Treedog front bumper
SLP single pipe
19/42 gearing
whoops...I think I went over 10 as these are already done and with more....this year have the SLP head going on with the Polaris update and have the team tied secondary clutch

P

pumpnlead

Jan 14, 2008
Nebraska Panhandle
Stock gearing on the 09's was bumped to I believe 19/41... someone chime in here, I'm not 100% sure.
It is very simple, pull off the chaincase cover (after draining the oil), loosen the adjustment up all the way on the chain, pull the chain off and swap the gear out. Since you have an 09 you would only have to change out the big gear (2008 and older had 20/41 stock gears). The length of the chain will be just fine unless you were to go to an even lower gear set, then you would need a longer chain. Should only cost you like $40 + oil and about an hour of work.

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Harry come see our factory display at the SLC show and I'll show your this Performance Partner demonstrator sled done by Carl's/Holz/Better Boards with a few more key aftermarket products to select. GIANT BLACK BETTER BOARDS TENT WITH FLAGS..CAN'T MISS IT.

I can offer you some insight on things that we have found to be very beneficial on the 800cfi raw chassis and then some parts that didn't really live up to expectations.

Polaris.jpg

Polaris-RMK-IQ-RAW-155-163-birdseye.jpg

Polaris-RMK-IQ-RAW-155-163-Peformance-Partner-Sled-front.jpg

Polaris-IQ-RMK-RAW-155-163-side-WEBSITE.jpg

Premium Features