• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 800s TRUE HP !!!!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Is it possible that your dealer is your problem, did all your sleds come from the same place?

My 800 was done by Carl's.

so i guess it could have been:(

I like the power and the ride of the poo a lot and think Carl's does a great job too but looking at the 800 and larger motors the R and D engineers need to get kicked in the sack.

and yes it is summer and I need snow in a bad way.

Last edited:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Honestly why does it matter?? Polaris puts the power to the track as well as any manufacturer.. An 800 is an 800 is an 800 in stock form.. Pick what brand you like and ride it like you stole it.. On any given day any brand can beat the other. The pilot has more to do with the power than any other factor. If a guy can really ride; than on a stock machine of the same cc's his machine is gonna out perform someone who cant ride..

+1

I vote happylilcuss for pres!

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
So, how is the clutching on these 800s? If there is a way better than stock set-up, I want to know. My 600 Switchback was clutched really good from Polaris. Do the 800s have a good set-up from factory? I have an 800 RMK 144 on order.

This all depends on the dealer.. they can all set them up a little differently on the clutching department.... however I still change stuff around to make sure i've got the right setup..

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
Hey , leave the ct and ya guys alone , after all according to the mags they have gotten it right again this year just like last and every year b/4 that that's y they're over hear reading about us poor bastards that just can't wake up to facts HaHa,, ac stock $4.56 poo $35.00

NO im here as my 4 friends with dragons only have 70 psi on pto side all 4 of them and my 2 friends with assaults are very worried that the hp# are going to drop when they get there NEW HEADS and PISTONS

guess they have something to worry about as they keep asking there dealer whats up and they keep getting "I DONT KNOW CHIT":mad::eek::eek::face-icon-small-con

my one friend just went from kitty to poo and he is real happy had new motor,wire harness,stator in dec and he is now back at 70psi on pto side.:lips:

M
Dec 14, 2008
rpms hold on great

Last year on my 800 Dragon, it would hold its rpms really well when climbing , I think the has great torque !!! dont worry Polaris will deliver a wonderfull fix for 2010! I I cant wait !!!!!!

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Honestly why does it matter?? Polaris puts the power to the track as well as any manufacturer.. An 800 is an 800 is an 800 in stock form.. Pick what brand you like and ride it like you stole it.. On any given day any brand can beat the other. The pilot has more to do with the power than any other factor. If a guy can really ride; than on a stock machine of the same cc's his machine is gonna out perform someone who cant ride..

Very true but that's always what the guy says with less horespower. ;)

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Wish my wife felt that way.

These companies make their money on ATV's not snowmobiles, and one of them, doesn't sell many wheelers comparatively speaking. It's only a matter of time.

you got that right on the money! we sell PO and AC and our ATV sales are about 45 to 1... and the snow sales are about even, but we sell 20 times more atv's than sleds

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
If you can't out-ride'm, join'm! I respect the guys who can out-ride me no matter what they are on.I have a friend who lives at 9200 ft and rides 8 or 9 months of the year and even when he is on a six, he WILL find a way to the top of the hill. Following him made me a much better rider.Just remember,TRU-HORSEPOWER #'s are only good for bench racing! Standing on top of the hill is what counts! I belong to the Jackson Hole SnowDevils and have worked the fourth catwalk at the hillclimb for the last two years. Last year Keith Curtis dominated the stock classes on Poo, and even won King of the hill on a stock sledd. This year Cat and Doo rocked the hill! The Sharp boys came up to visit me about 20 times on their Ski-Doo! I couldnt believe the pounding this sled took from repeated runs up SnowKing. This leads me to believe it is more in the setup and preparation, and the state of mind of the operator than it is in the HP #'s. At least this gives us somthing to do untill the snow gets deep enought to ride!

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
I am a polaris guy through and through, but i'd have to give cat top honours for getting the most power to the track for the least power at the crank. Its funny how the cat guys are so quiet these days, those M8s are a good sled, with minor tweeking of course like all the others, i guess they have a lot less to complain about than the rest of us. As for peak power who gives a flying f*8K we've all got that one buddy who rides circles around us when we're stuck on an older "lesser" piece of iron, there isnt alot of people who can exploit 100% of their sleds, unless all you do is see who can poke the highest on a hill, even then its surprising what some guys can do.

M
Dec 14, 2008
Your so true

That was very well put,there is always somebody who can out ride somebody else ,with an older or less powerfull machine !However I would really like to know the true HP of the 2010, 800 s!!NOT that it really matters ,because im going to ride it hard , no matter what!! IT would just nice to know!!!!

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
i would be interested to look at my pistons after the update last time i took it into the shop they said the compression was good on both sides and sled has run flawless all year but i didnt want to pull of the y pipe and have to get new gaskets.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Local dealer had all the updates. Dropped the sled off today.

M
Dec 14, 2008
fantastic comments

Its great to see all the great views on this subject, especially the ones of lesser powered ,and better riders. So many times eveybody spends big money to have a bigger machines,or every after market item on the planet and then the only place you see them is at the bottom watching every other stock sled rip it up , anybody agree?

S
Aug 17, 2009
Palmer, AK
Question, if you lose hp as you go higher in elevation (i think .03?) then you guys out in the rockies n what not at 6000+ are losing 25+ hp right? well does elevation affect dyno resault also? cause i ride normally at 1k-2kft and are d8s rip with just slp pipes n reeds and ive never heard anyone around here complain about there d8s laggin. n i ride with 3 other 09 d8s( 2 163 n 1 155 all with 600+ miles n no problems). my question is though does elevation affect dyno resaults cause if it does then arent alot of these stories of polarises advertised hp false or misinturpeted? but even if it is a 140hp 800 its still the best dam sled there is imo.

Premium Features