• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS Turbo'd 2018 Cat

T
Nov 26, 2007
OVS will be offering a turbo kit for the new 2018 cat... We've had it out on the snow a few times already and it"s beating our 2014 turbo'd cat... This is going to be a great turbo motor.

Attachments

• 2018 turbo pic 1 (2).jpg
    2018 turbo pic 1 (2).jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
So with the new motor what fuel controller are you running and do you have electronic boost control ? Also how does the box control the electronic oil injection or does the stock ecu still control that based on the duty cycle of fueling

T
Nov 26, 2007
We're running the Pure Logic controller.. no it doesn't have electronic boost control.... The stock ECU controls the electronic oil injection

S

skidder

Jan 25, 2010
OVS,
You guys make great kits I have had them in the past on the older M series sled. One word of advise if you want to sell more turbos for newer models you need to get rid of the pure logic control system and get with the times on the new fueling available. Noone wants 10 year old technology

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
OVS,
You guys make great kits I have had them in the past on the older M series sled. One word of advise if you want to sell more turbos for newer models you need to get rid of the pure logic control system and get with the times on the new fueling available. Noone wants 10 year old technology

^^^^ this and pcv are even a step back from having a reflashed ecu. Imo i like the pcv

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Well i see quite a few of these supposedly pull and go ecu re flash kits having a wide range of troubles as well just saying.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
OVS,

I agree. OVS uses great components. Some things very well thought out. Exhaust clamps, reed stop extensions... great ideas.

IMO I HATE the dobec style controllers.
I hate cutting the stock pipe.

The last kit I bought from OVS was their tial kit for a 2011 m8 and the install was intense.
0% assembled Every piece of the kit had to be assembled and installed.

No pre cut exhaust piece, no pre cut fuel or boost lines, had to
Drill tap the throttle bodies... once again, all great components. Getting a hold of them was fairly easy regardless of nights or weekends. But all of my calls could have been avoided with a more straight forward install. Their instructions literally said to give them a call once you got to the point of cutting and welding their new exhaust stinger and flange to your stock pipe.

Haven’t seen much from OVS since I bought my kit until this kit for 2018. Hopefully they have streamlined the install.... for the price of their kits especially.

After buying a new CCU for my m8 and a few other odds n ends I was into my last OVS kit for
A little over $8k.

Good luck OVS.

Last edited:
Premium Features