• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

11 assault weisco pistons over revving

R
Sep 22, 2012
Recently installed weisco drop in pistons. They are 60 grams lighter than stock. Engine runs smooth like never before. But first ride in deep snow it runs off the rev limiter untill i can carry speed avove 30 mph. Anyone have to reclutch after running these pistons. It revs so fast now compared to polaris pistons. Thank for any input

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Recently installed weisco drop in pistons. They are 60 grams lighter than stock. Engine runs smooth like never before. But first ride in deep snow it runs off the rev limiter untill i can carry speed avove 30 mph. Anyone have to reclutch after running these pistons. It revs so fast now compared to polaris pistons. Thank for any input

I got 11 pro rmk just rebuilt with same pistons but haven't be out yet. What elevation and what weights you got in.

R
Sep 22, 2012
Sea level. Stock clutching. Pretty sure 10-66 or 10-68. Was fine before the piston swap. If i stab the throttle in powder it hit 8500 rpm then breaks up on rev limiter. If i am cruising on a trail and stab it hits 8200-8250 but pulls good. Only in powder from dead stop or slow moving. Secondary spring too stiff?

Something's different , did you get oil or grease on the clutch sheav? Possibly put the belt on reverse to what it was?
I used them Pistons in an 11 assualt and nothing changed clutch wise, also put them same Pistons in my 12 pro and the clutching remained good.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
I would clean belt/clutches, check weights/rollers for flat spots or worn bushings, and check/set belt deflection??

Premium Features