• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOW TO PRIME THE FUEL PUMP ON POLARIS CFi

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
To the top....seems a good topic for the new season... especially if you replaced the fuel filter as you are supposed to.

I like to do this to get the old fuel out of the lines and flush it for a while with fresh...You did put in fuel stabilizer...RIGHT (wink)

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Great Info! New fuel filter sits on the bench ready to go in. Do I need to bleed the system down to change the filter or can I just pop the filter out?

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
MH

Excellent thread. Recently did a fuel filter change. Pushed my bike over to the sled, ran two leads from the battery, inserted the ends into the plug, listened to it purr for 20-30 seconds, pulled the rope and she fired right up. And no leaks.

A BIG thanks!

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
In the middle of a filter change now. Nap time ended early for my 2 y/o so I had to cut it short. Everything is out of the way and the air box is ready to come out. Every thing is packed in pretty tight.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I thought about doing this, but I ended up just doing the old fashioned way, pull the rope. Interesting enough, it took only 5 pulls to get it start it. This was with a completely dry fuel system.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I've got a connector from an old stereo amp that matches up to the 2 pin fuel pump prime plug. It has 4 connectors, but matches up very nicely.

My sled died yesterday like I hit the kill switch. All fingers pointed to no fuel and after taking the tank out and apart, reassembling, the sled starts up and runs again.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Some get lucky ... some dont...

The prime can help those that dont.

Simple to put a wire or test probe into the prime conector and not need to get the official connector.

I thought about doing this, but I ended up just doing the old fashioned way, pull the rope. Interesting enough, it took only 5 pulls to get it start it. This was with a completely dry fuel system.

Premium Features