• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt Poll

What's Your Belt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
I personally have had good results with the Gates Xtreme 44X4640 belts. They are made with DuPont Kevlar like the 1115 belt. They seem to be a little harder compound like the 1115 belt. I order them from kscdirect.com for $48.10 each.

x2. Got mine from Royalsupply.com about the same price. You can get them from some of you local auto supply stores but they charge $80-100

darens

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Morgan, Utah (pronounced HoooHaw)
How do the Gates compare to the 1115 or 1122 for dimentions, do you find the run the same RPMs? I found that the Ultimax XS belts were not quite the same width (little wider) and as such i would loose about 200 RPM running them.

d

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta

I bought the 3211080 this summer as a spare for my sled, was having problems getting RPM with my old belt, so I figured I would try the 3211080 to see if it was just a belt issue. It lasted under three miles then blew up and took out my plastic fender, my front shock tower vent, belt the divin laylights out of the vented aluminum panel by your knee, destroyed the vent I had installed in it there. Totally twisted my belt guard, Cracked my side panel as well. So I'm not putting another one of those on my sled. Was it faulty? Probably. But I'm still not a fan of that belt right now. My ever awesome dealer is working on getting as much of it all warrantied as he can. I'm sticking to the 3211115 from now on.

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
How do the Gates compare to the 1115 or 1122 for dimentions, do you find the run the same RPMs? I found that the Ultimax XS belts were not quite the same width (little wider) and as such i would loose about 200 RPM running them.

d

Gates are very similar in dimension although a single cog. My RPM's were a little higher on the trail which helped a little in the climb, but I have to keep the revs down on the flats.

C

catmanm8

Nov 12, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
I am clutched for it.....it lasts a long time....works well..

If you change belt construction, the cluches will react differently...sometimes major, sometimes slightly....also how can I compare or ask tech tips from my dealer if I threw in a wild card...

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
been using the xs811 for a few rides now and really like it. i had the 1104 on before and felt the xs811 was a big improvement. belt temps are a lot lower now and the hook-up seems better. my riding buddy has a similar sled and has been running a 1114 just coming off of the 1104 and he said it was a big improvment as well. we put them on about the same time so we'll see which one lasts longer.

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
I am gonna try the xs809 this year,curious to see if it needs any adjustment on the deflection or how it works compared to the polaris belts.

The price compared to the 115 belt made me choose XS809

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
I ran some comparisons last Sunday between a new Polaris 115 and a new Carlisle XS...adjusted belt deflection a tad between the two.
Max RPM's were identical! Not a bit of difference. I didnt get a chance to check side to side belt clearance with a feeler gauge as there was some good snow so didnt want to dink around too much. The biggest differences was how grabby the XS was compared to the 115...really noticed the difference coming down steep hills..it was like an additional brake. It was enough to move me forward as it grabbed. The 115 is a workhorse Ill give it that...way over priced. I have four of the 115s.I gave them all to the wife for her 600. I will use the XS as it seems to have better grabability IMHO.

I would venture to say that Polaris does not make belts. There are only a few rubber cog belt companies out there.

Next test will be to swap the two on the turbo Dragon and see what happens.

Last edited:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I have not used the other belts just the 115 and 080 i will say i think there are a lot of bad 080 belts out there i have seen a ton of then blow in less than 30 miles on every thing from 700s to 1200s. There is no reason for it.Personally i have never seen more than 400 miles out of any belt. heat is a huige issue if you do not let the sled cool often. venting help but is not the cure all. i also buy the 115 belts for 144 and it seems the best for me. i ride a 1200 wc that is fully ported i can break the 080 belts any time i want, it did not use to be that way.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I have not used the other belts just the 115 and 080 i will say i think there are a lot of bad 080 belts out there i have seen a ton of then blow in less than 30 miles on every thing from 700s to 1200s. There is no reason for it.Personally i have never seen more than 400 miles out of any belt. heat is a huige issue if you do not let the sled cool often. venting help but is not the cure all. i also buy the 115 belts for 144 and it seems the best for me. i ride a 1200 wc that is fully ported i can break the 080 belts any time i want, it did not use to be that way.

X2 I had one grenade on me at just under two miles. It broke $500 bucks worth of parts. That's the last time I'm buying an 080 belt. I run the 115's now. I know I said it before, but these belts don't seem to be worth using.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
One thing to think about... every time your belt violently blows the crank is stressed HUGE!...likely to cause runout problems, broken pto etc...

Most aftermarket belts are not the exact same size... it is not the correct size for your clutch shimming and won't work as well as the stock that is set correctly... Shimming is something that 99% of the home mechanics do not have the tools, parts or experience to do, so it does not get done...

Bad belt settings or clutch setups for the compoud (how soft/hard/gripp the belt is)... can cost you BIG in the performance category.

Other belts can work well...just make sure you understand it is Often not simply a "drop in and go" replacement.

I hate paying a lot of $$ for a belt as much as the next guy, but for the reliabiliy, peace of mind, and low long-term cost ... I like the 3211115 belt on the new sleds.

W

wyodoo

Dec 1, 2007
gillette wyoming
Goodyear Gatorback's

Just read an article in Snowtech about these. I would be interested in trying one but can't find a dealer. Anyone know who sells these?
Thanks

Last edited:
Premium Features