• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

flooding issue with the 10 update

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I was talking to a dealer yesterday that told me, the flooding issue and the hard starts are becasue of the o ring having a small cut in it.

This seems contrary to the 10 map. What is everyone else hearing.

thanks
tim

D8rider

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Kamloops B.C.
yah its the programming..i just got my sled back and there is another update with the tps setting..supposly its suppose to solve the problem of overfuelling and running too lean on midrange so i guess i'll find out on sun i'll let you know how it goes

B
Sep 16, 2008
I had the flooding problem at the end of the premix fuel. Started, ran 45 seconds, stalled. Repeat. Wouldn't start. Replaced two VERY wet plugs with NGK Iridiums. First pull a backfire that would put a hot loaded 3006 to shame. Filled with new fuel. Ran poorly for half that tank and somewhat improved although not impressive.

Today, added the PCV with DTR/Stoutner 157 hp map and what a difference. Even if you think your sled is running OK, I'm sure you will be caught off guard with the increased HP.

R

RamrodAK1

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, AK
My buddy and I are both having the flooding problem with the backfiring. Our sleds are in the shop right now. There is a new reflash after the 1st. of the year to supposedly solve the problem.

D
Dec 9, 2009
kenai AK
tps and bad "o" rings are most likely the problem, it is very easy to mess up the "o" ring during intalation because it is a very tight fit lots of slippery lube required. There is a thread on here for setting your tps it would be a great place to start. I personaly don't know anyone that is having any problems with their 09's or 10's. I hope you guys get your's running right because they flat out rip.

09 d8 155
slp stuff
timbersled intake
slp hot air elemination
vf-3's
"the thing can"

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Amen to that... Mine Shi!s and gets!!!

Give the sled a little gas when you start it, it will fire quickly with no backfire. I am sure they will fix this soon it is a big problem, especially when you first start and take off the thing gets loaded up!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
tps and bad "o" rings are most likely the problem, it is very easy to mess up the "o" ring during intalation because it is a very tight fit lots of slippery lube required. There is a thread on here for setting your tps it would be a great place to start. I personaly don't know anyone that is having any problems with their 09's or 10's. I hope you guys get your's running right because they flat out rip.

09 d8 155
slp stuff
timbersled intake
slp hot air elemination
vf-3's
"the thing can"

Once again, HTF, is an o ring going to make it rich? It can't! Yes they can be damaged if a gorilla is putting it back together, but make it flood is not possible.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
mine backfired while I was riding it today, has a low end bog, I liked my other programming better.. I am not sure if it is my cpi can and the programming or just the programming

S
Oct 7, 2008
Durango, Co
my 09 assault 800 runs like a$$ took it to the dealer twice now told him that it wont go over 7600 rpm on pack, pow, or groomed and that on a hill the motor luggs to 6500. He cant find anything so hes trying to blame it on the primary weights and that im running a 080 belt cause im not paying 200$ for a frickin belt especially when my sled ran great with this setup last year. anybody have for sure answers on when polaris is gonna realize that there flash was crap and fix it so we can ride?

D
Dec 9, 2009
kenai AK
the "o" ring will probably not create it to flood but will cause it to run bad and if it's not running right that could possably make it run rich 2 strokes are very picky. The tps could be more of the culprit. I hope your dealer get's you guys fixed up so you can have some fun.

darens

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Morgan, Utah (pronounced HoooHaw)
I have had mine flood twice, both times on startup - after starting cold it would idle low and then die - the first time it started after 10-15 pulls with the wide open throttle, the next time i had to pull the plugs, pull it over for a while - new plugs and off and going. I lost some RPMs with the same clutching - taching out at 7700 in the pow. If there were more snow i would be more impatient - looking for the updates!!!!

d

Premium Features