• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What OIL to run in '07 D7

P
Dec 21, 2008
What oil are you guys runnin' in your Dragon's???? I have an '07

Do you have to run the Polaris VES Gold or can u use another synthetic...also is it a must to run full synthetic...

thanks

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
By far? heheehhee

I had a 07 D7 and put 2800 miles on it. Always put AMS Oil in it and paid around $27 a gallon. That's a lot cheaper than Polaris oil. And I think AMS is the best by "far".

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
What oil are you guys runnin' in your Dragon's???? I have an '07

Do you have to run the Polaris VES Gold or can u use another synthetic...also is it a must to run full synthetic...

thanks

Dude, do a search first. This subject has been BEAT TO DEATH on here.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Do a search, there was a recent post with the rating of different oils. As I recall near the top was the VES Gold Plus, next Redline, next VES Gold and many of the less expensive oils were rated way lower.
The synthetics offer better protection at higher temps and burn cleaner so you have less carbon build up on exhaust valves. Synthetics also work better in extreme cold-viscosity level. There is a rating-API-TC or TC-W3 (marine) on oils so some minimum level of quality is met.

Last edited:
S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
2400 miles on sled 700 since we've owned it.it's the wifes and all i have ever ran it is Castrol super bla bla bla oil @$19 a jug....seems to run still hhmmm:rolleyes:

Premium Features