• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 bogging

T
Sep 10, 2009
Yes, I get that also when at low speeds. I have not experienced a bog at WOT yet. I have almost 30 hours on the sled.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Yes bottom end map sucks. Careful trying to clean it up on steeper descents. I had the sled hit the power band when trying to clean it up so I could initiate turns(it was so boggy). Went rifling down the hill. Sure glad the trees were sparce. Could have been really bad. this is when I switched my buddy sleds. When I told him he said he was wondering why I was going so FN fast. That rich bottom makes tree riding suck compared to the 17 800. Gets stuck alot compared to the 800, because of the ****ty bottom end. I won't Snowcheck one next year unless this gets resolved. 400 miles way out of breakin

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Was riding Harts Pass Wa. last 2 days with my bud both of us have the new 850. his is doing the low end throttle stab bog, an pretty bad especially dropping down into a hole wanting to throttle out up hill where engine is loaded more. OK not saying it isn't a rich low end but are we sure of that?? When we set a minute side by side an then take off mine leaves black snow under exhaust side his does not. His bogs mine never has once bogged so far, around 350 miles on each. We were thinking maybe lean bog. Some of you that are having the throttle stab bog is your exhaust trail clean or black? We are using different oils, I'm using the Race Red and he is using the standard VES.

Last edited:
C
Nov 3, 2018
I was just coming on here to start a post about my sled bogging and I seen this post. I have bogging issues as well, it's getting really annoying. I have been using the race red oil since new. I only have 5 hours on my sled and thought it might just be break in but from reading these reply's its clearly not.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I wonder if a dial-a-jet would help?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Make sure it's out of ethanol mode. They are set from the factory like this. That cleaned my bog right up as well as a couple others I knew with same issue. Mine still had the low to mid end bog at 200 miles until I changed fuel mode.

J
Feb 27, 2018
Same here. Bogged more in the brake in period but continued after. Talked to the dealer and they are going to ask Polaris... they offered to reflash also to make sure... I’ll keep posting.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
I was wondering if the bog is an engine protection response?

I've got a bone stock 850 (stock exhaust) with 15 hours on it and I've experienced the bog both on ethanol and non-ethanol. Usually when trying to get unstuck at low rev's but also at WOT on a climb.

I'm at sea level and I'm 99% sure I've got the 10-68 weights in the sled as the sled is way overrevving....like 8500-8600

It got me thinking that if the rev's come up too fast....so in a stuck situation and 68 weights, the ECU may think it's a drive belt failure and start retarding timing.

Reason I was thinking this is when the sled was delivered to me, the drive belt deflection was way too low in the secondary, so the sled was basically starting in second gear. When set up this way, bog was far less.

When I set the belt deflection properly combined with the light 68 weights, I noticed the rev's build really, really fast ....and the bog happened more often....

I'm going to confirm my clutch weights and adjust up to 10-74's which is what should be in my sled and then see if the bog is the same.

Was also wondering if the bog issue is more related to low elevation setups or both

OTM

M
Mar 22, 2018
Québec, Canada
My rmk 850 bogs aswell especially when going downhill and turning back up at WOT, its kind of dangerous at some times when avoiding obstacles and in super steep situations, i have 36h on the machine and fouled 5 plugs so far, sometimes i think that i fouled a plug hold the throttle a little longer then usual and she kicks back in (wtf). In certain situation its the difference in making it or breaking it in the mountains. And yes i am in 91 octain non ethenol mode. Yesterday mourning she would'nt even start, flooded to ****, worked on it for 1h30 at -20°C and still could'nt get it to start, remove the spark plugs unplug the 6 prong fuel pump plug and cranked the dam pull cord 50 times, intall the spark plugs and still would'nt start, did it again and nothing WTF, this is the second time it has done this once in brake in mode at 6h and now at 36h. Its going to the dealers this mourning, lets see what they have to say:face-icon-small-dis

B
Jan 14, 2019
Anyone experiencing a bogging or hesitation at low speeds when you clamp the throttle? I only have 200 miles and I’m still breaking it in I’m wondering if it’s because of the break in why it’s doing it??

Premium Features