• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not seeing the "unusual track wear" on my 2019. Anyone else?

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Not seeing the "unusual track wear" on my 2019. Anyone else? My 2016 - 2018 800's had the wearing between the clips. I'm at 750 miles on this 850 with 3" lug and I'm not seeing any wear. Maybe clipping under the lug is the answer?? Thoughts?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
yes, it is the fact Polaris came back to how the REST OF THE WORLD clips their snowmobile tracks as the reason for your track NOT showing any wear.

Not quite sure WHY Polaris allowed such a STUPID idea to stay in production for so long but then again, Doo STILL can't make a recoil that will last or clutch a mountain sled.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
yes, it is the fact Polaris came back to how the REST OF THE WORLD clips their snowmobile tracks as the reason for your track NOT showing any wear.

Not quite sure WHY Polaris allowed such a STUPID idea to stay in production for so long but then again, Doo STILL can't make a recoil that will last or clutch a mountain sled.

I talked to Camso and the rep told me that Polaris was concerned that heat generated from the clip against the hyfax could transfer to the lug and cook the lug until it got brittle and broke off. This was because the flatlanders that had fully clipped tracks would lose lugs only where hyfax was above and not the center lugs. (overheating) Rubber is not better against nylon IMHO.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
What about the people with 16,17,18's that have to sit with tracks, that are worn from whatever it wears on. No one seems to know why? They won't warranty it nor offer a solution (Yes your tracks not adjusted right). So we clip them and it fixes it. We as riders spend our money and our time to fix their mistakes. I'm not happy with track deal at all. The one thing that should be easy to put on a snowmobile is a track we have been putting tracks on them for 100's of years. I just think something should be offered to us.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I changed the skid on my axys and the damage between the drive notch have not changed much. It looks like it's not 100% the track fault but the combination of the skid and track.

Not that it excuses Polaris to clip the wrong part for 3 years

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
What about the people with 16,17,18's that have to sit with tracks, that are worn from whatever it wears on. No one seems to know why? They won't warranty it nor offer a solution (Yes your tracks not adjusted right). So we clip them and it fixes it. We as riders spend our money and our time to fix their mistakes. I'm not happy with track deal at all. The one thing that should be easy to put on a snowmobile is a track we have been putting tracks on them for 100's of years. I just think something should be offered to us.

I agree 100%. They blame the consumer for the problem, which is just salt in the wound. Then they go and change the where they place the clips because they know that was the problem, but offer nothing to the consumers that have the abnormal track wear.

Premium Features