• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scalvini pipe durability/maintenance

P
Feb 28, 2011
Just got the 250 SX cdi and this beautiful pipe

I’m wandering if I should even run it? I had a FMF gnarly on there. I’m wandering how the pipe will look after 20 hours in the snow this winter. I want it to look like this in the spring

What have people done to keep them looking this way? And what do they look like

Thanks

Cam

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Rust on my isn't a deep rust, they will rust, and rust fast. Mine rusted in the back of the pickup on the 1st drive up to the hills, so rusty before i ever even rode it.

Too lazy to do it, but claimed to be diligent with WD40 and stainless steelwool and they'll stay ok.

Got it, might as well run it. Great pipe.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
they hold up semi-decent if you keep the salt off them and give it a wd40 wipe now and again. i had a few made of steel and they mostly just change color.

the real good pipe builders make snowbike pipes out of stainless ey..

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
SLP has a new gloss black ceramic coating. I have my BRC 500 pipe getting coated with that, as I do my PC2 for my 300. All snowbike pipes should be coated and covered as much as possible. That is until someone makes one with a heat shield or double wall construction! Hint Hint!

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Is your BRC going to see snow this year?

M5

I sure hope! Talked to em yesterday and now its March 1 delivery. Initially it was Nov. 1. So typical of any of this sort of stuff.

Premium Features