• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to go?

B
Feb 4, 2013
Hi,
I'm a Swedish rider looking for 2-3 days mountain riding. Need some package deal with guide, snowmobile and accommodation.
Any suggestions or recommendations? (just get confused looking at Internet)

Will be in Chicago area working until end January . After work my plan is to take a flight where the snow is...unfortunately time is limited to 2-3 days.

//Henrik

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Whistler with Ride Whistler, BC.
For the best experience though, watch the weather and go to where the most clear weather is.
Check weather at Yellowstone, Idaho, Togwotee etc and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Hi,
I'm a Swedish rider looking for 2-3 days mountain riding. Need some package deal with guide, snowmobile and accommodation.
Any suggestions or recommendations? (just get confused looking at Internet)

Will be in Chicago area working until end January . After work my plan is to take a flight where the snow is...unfortunately time is limited to 2-3 days.

//Henrik

If you're wanting to stay in the US, I'd suggest hooking up with Ace Powder Guides in West Yellowstone, Montana. Never been disappointed riding with them. They also have motels, cabins and Skidoo snowmobiles and avalanche gear you can rent while you're there. Full meal deal.

https://hicountrysnowmobiles.com/

B
Feb 4, 2013
Thanks for all input...now some feedback what I did.
Maybe this is normal for all of you. But for me it was something completely different...

Took a flight from Chicago - Bozeman and car to West Yellowstone. Room at HolidayInn and planed riding 21-23 Jan. Rented a Alpha at Yamaha/Arctic dealer in town. Since I had no clue where to ride. I hired a guide (Justin Appelby) through Arctic dealer.

Had 3 amazing days. Sunday night it had been snowing. So Monday morning it was fresh snow. Justin took me to "TeePee bassin". We where first in...nice to look back and see just two tracks behind us.

Tuesday....clear sky and ☀... riding in area behind Lionshead. Fantastic riding at 10000-11000 feet. What a view...didn't see any other tracks or snowmobiles that day. Just untouched fresh snow.

Wednesday...snowing and windy. Now we took trailer to Elk Lake area. Even weather wasn't so nice. Wind had blow in 3feet powder..never had so good riding. Extra was late delicious lunch at Elk Lake resort / "Jakeistan" run by Jake and Laurel. Recommend a visit.

Justin is a really nice guy, he did the extra to find go terrain. I recommend his service.
I will come back :face-icon-small-hap

Now every muscle hurts. It doesn't matter, since they have Gin&Tonic at flight to Sweden :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features