• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oregon Conditions

skiierdude_99

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2010
temp in Southern California
Help! Headed or Oregon for one last ride before a deployment. Folks live in the valley, looking for any condition updates for 3 Creeks, Bachelor, or Paulina. Any recommendations or good links to current snow conditions? Thank you very much.

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
When are you looking to come over? If the temps hold, there is big snow on the way this week. Still skinny up by Bach and down by Paulina but if the numbers they are calling for actually arrive and it stays cold, later in the week and into the weekend could be very good!

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Help! Headed or Oregon for one last ride before a deployment. Folks live in the valley, looking for any condition updates for 3 Creeks, Bachelor, or Paulina. Any recommendations or good links to current snow conditions? Thank you very much.

If ur staying in those areas, Kapka is about only place below bachelor w snow. It needs a good layer put down and hopefully this week it will but it was still ride-able on Sunday. See my kapka post above w pics.

skiierdude_99

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2010
temp in Southern California
If ur staying in those areas, Kapka is about only place below bachelor w snow. It needs a good layer put down and hopefully this week it will but it was still ride-able on Sunday. See my kapka post above w pics.

That's what I've been watching on the weather. I'm going to be in town just after Christmas for the weekend of New Years. Hopefully the weather forecast holds true. Would love to get a good ride in before I leave. Thanks for the updates. Was there more snow as you climb towards moon or still pretty thin up there?

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
We didnt go to moon this ride but there definitely was the ride before. There is a cool back trail we took with lots of variable levels of needed experience to get through.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Anybody have any updates from Kapka this week?

Bachelor's showing about 8" of new this morning...
snowstake.jpg

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Another 3" of new overnight and 18*.

Should be good out there today.... Be Safe!

And NOAA is forecasting more snow and cold temps this week at Wanoga Butte... https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...map=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.XGgeA-hKg2z

Today Snow showers. High near 18. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Tonight Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 20. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -1. North wind around 7 mph.
Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
Tuesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Wednesday Snow. High near 22. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Wednesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 8.
Thursday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17.
Thursday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
Friday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 22.

:smow:

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Sounds like it's supposed to dump this week!

NOAA is forecasting more snow and cold temps this week at Bachelor... Be safe out there and don't ride alone!
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...map=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.XHFgmuhKg2y

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Pendleton OR
447 AM PST Sat Feb 23 2019

...LONG DURATION WINTER STORM TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY
MORNING...

.A prolonged snow event is expected to impact much of the region
beginning tonight through early Wednesday morning. An upper level
low will set up off the Washington coast. Abundant moisture
streaming over a nearly stationary surface boundary will support
significant storm total snow accumulations. Accumulations may be
tempered by marginal afternoon surface temperatures and only light
continuous snow, particularly for the Columbia Basin, Blue
Mountain Foothills and the Yakima and Kittitas Valleys.

ORZ509-232300-
/O.CON.KPDT.WS.W.0007.190224T0000Z-190227T1200Z/
East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades-
Including the cities of La Pine and Sunriver
447 AM PST Sat Feb 23 2019

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 4 AM PST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 18
inches expected.

* WHERE...East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades.

* WHEN...From 4 PM this afternoon to 4 AM PST Wednesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to
impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning
or evening commute.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Kapka needed some more attention today. Made it in and back out with an enclosed but no where to park due to snow.

Hoping this plays out after it gets done snowing for some good riding.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Kapka needed some more attention today. Made it in and back out with an enclosed but no where to park due to snow.

Hoping this plays out after it gets done snowing for some good riding.

That sucks man. ODOT is a little slow. I can't ride until later in the week and while I hate missing deep fresh snow I'm happy ODOT should have time to recover and plow a bit.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I'm not blaming ODOT, I think they were busy yesterday.

Not sure the conditions would have made for a real good ride anyway.

Had a slow crawl back over Santiam Pass so we just sat back and made a trip out of it.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Deep enough at my house (south of Sisters) to ride around the yard!
Same out here in DRW on the South end of Bend. I heard someone enjoying the snow on a sled in the neighborhood on Sunday while I was shoveling out the driveway.
It's very tempting to hit the trails out by Lava Butte... :face-icon-small-hap

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
I talked with a Mt. Bachelor employee last night at the Pub, he confirmed the warmer temperatures and sun over the last couple days has knocked down the snow pack to about 12 inches at the resort. Be careful out there, the lava rock isn't too forgiving on anything it comes into contact with be it your body and/or your sled...

Premium Features