• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015-2016 Island Park / West Yellowstone Snow Reports

S

SigE1

Dec 9, 2015
Tough finding good snow in my opinion. President's Day weekend was rough on the snow, there must have been some large crowds.
Plenty of snow, but it's warm, set up, and tracked up. Have found a spot or two way up high that had some powder. On the flip side, if you love to trail ride its great. Trails are smooth and its warm and sunny.
Hoping for some good snow this Saturday night, unfortunately I'm headed home then. :face-icon-small-dis

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
Just got back yesterday from West Yellowstone. Its It's getting a little hard getting around town theres alot of asphalt showing. The first couple days we went south and didn't find much snow that was untracked. We found some but you have to get off trail a long ways. The next couple days we went North 25-30 miles around cabin creek area and the snow was great. It's a long rough ride into where it starts to open up. Ungroomed trail with 3' rollers it'slow going for a few miles but well worth it.

20160228_101519.jpg 20160228_101528.jpg 20160228_105648.jpg 20160228_112432.jpg

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
due to the crap snow conditions, we have decided to bring the women with us this weekend. we will mostly be doing trail riding. what are some good places to take them. good scenery, etc... i was told about this "fishing bridge" where you can feed the fish. can someone tell me where to find this on the trail map?

also, are there any waterfalls, good views, anything that the women would enjoy? not afraid to trailer the sleds out and unload. thanks.

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
20160228_132928.jpg

SHUSHHHHHH!
Montana has been warm and windy for the past 3 weeks, nothing worth riding around here. Everything is tracked up and packed down. :eyebrows:

20160221_125220.jpg

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
20160228_132928.jpg

SHUSHHHHHH!
Montana has been warm and windy for the past 3 weeks, nothing worth riding around here. Everything is tracked up and packed down. :eyebrows:

20160221_125220.jpg

Dang it. I was there over Valentine's day and I say like 3 square feet of untracked snow...luck of the draw I guess.

The tree riding was good still, where 90% of people don't want to go, but the FIance can't have fun in those spots so I couldn't just play and make her watch for too long

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
due to the crap snow conditions, we have decided to bring the women with us this weekend. we will mostly be doing trail riding. what are some good places to take them. good scenery, etc... i was told about this "fishing bridge" where you can feed the fish. can someone tell me where to find this on the trail map?

also, are there any waterfalls, good views, anything that the women would enjoy? not afraid to trailer the sleds out and unload. thanks.

Probably be better off staying home and getting the boat ready for summer. :face-icon-small-win

20160228_101524.jpg

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Probably be better off staying home and getting the boat ready for summer. :face-icon-small-win

oh its tempting! we broke records last weekend. it was 73 at my house on saturday. now this afternoon it is snowing again. it was all melting right away, but its starting to accumulate. just enough to make everything a sloppy mess.

we have had a cabin rented between West Y. and IP for a couple months. we just decided to drag the women along. they have never been to this area before, so it will be fun for them. the sledding will suck for us guys, but i think the women will enjoy it

iplocal

Always looking for new mountain riding partners!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2015
Island Park, ID & Mt St Helens, WA
Slow start to the season

Still only2 ft at the 8000 ft snowtel site. Bummer. Only enough to keep the ground covered in Island Park and West Yellowstone. Thanksgiving was a bust, hopefully it dumps between now and Christmas. Doing the snow dance...

Premium Features