• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New national snowmobile group?

T
Jan 15, 2014
I just read an announcement about the formation of a new "national" snowmobile association, United Snowmobile Alliance, based in the northeast. Has anyone else heard about this new group. There has been a national group, American Council of Snowmobile Associations (ACSA) for many years. I know I personally don't have much enthusiasm for ACSA, which has been run by Christine Jourdain in Michigan for at least 20 years, but curious if this new group has reached out to western snowmobilers.

Jourdain used to be a member of the board of directors of the BlueRibbon Coalition when I worked there and was highly critical of BRC, mostly because they were doing the work ACSA should have been doing. She stopped Polaris from donating snowmobiles to BRC for fundraising because they had been used to set a world speed record. She was also critical of a high performance modified sled built by snowest forum members for fund raising because she didn't like high performance or aggressive mountain riding. Jourdain wasn't even a real snowmobiler when she was hired.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
they've reached out to people in the rockies and on the west coast.

It's something the New Hampshire snowmobile association is backing, under the direction of the former president of the California Nevada Snowmobile association, and now ORBA. PM me if you want some background.

Premium Features