• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who rules mountain 800's?

?

• doo

Votes: 371 32.9%
  • poo

Votes: 525 46.6%
  • cat

Votes: 236 21.0%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The G4 will be on the same level if not better than the axys for all around riding. The axys may be slightly better in super deep, super steep sidehills but for snow that isn't 3'+ deep the G4 will be better.

So in summary; the G4 is NOT a MOUNTAIN SLED!

Addtionally it is no longer in the 800 class!

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
it's funny with those older Polaris 800s .my friends had several among them and never had a bit of problem. they always seemed to run good. i was riding a punched out zrt 1100 at the time then moved to cat twins which were great . i guess it's overall perspective . for all the years i worked in a gm dealership it seemed like every vehicle we sold was in there on a regular basis for serial type issues. but then one day i was talking to the district service manager and he relayed to me that gm built a 100 dollars into the price of every vehicle they sold for warranty work. i thought it was a lie until he told me only about 10 percent or so ever returned to the dealer ship for service. i was so supervised because of what i had experienced .every since then i take reports on forums like these with a grain of salt . it's all prespective.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
How long did it take Rotax ? Remember the 800 HO ?

That engine has been a very good engine for me , still running a 800 HO with a drop in kit and reflash , pings the tach at 84-8500 . Just have to do the correct maintenance and you don't have to worry about loosing the top or bottom end on these engines unlike the other twin two smokes of it's time and some particular ones of recent .
They are happy with 150 psi , not to many naturally aspirated two strokes in the sledding industry that can claim that is there :) ???

You must be thinking of the weaker series III 800 or the first season Powertek that was half HO/Etec . Who ever thought that a two stroke 800 doesn't need crank service is the same reason why a two stroke can't make 2000 miles on a Mtn sled .

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Shouldn't this thread be called who owns what sled? Cause what ever someone just forked out a ton of cash for is going to be the best, that's why Cat is kicking azz this year;)

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Shouldn't this thread be called who owns what sled? Cause what ever someone just forked out a ton of cash for is going to be the best, that's why Cat is kicking azz this year;)

We'll leave you to your illusions that the new Cat is the cat's meow. We'll also leave you to your illusions about which presidential candidate was the best choice.

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
A little local competition!!

We'll leave you to your illusions that the new Cat is the cat's meow. We'll also leave you to your illusions about which presidential candidate was the best choice.

Hey Brendt. I'd like you to bring the baddest Polaris you have and we'll go up riding in "OUR" backyard, you know, here in Valdez. No keyboard racing, no slamming other people's stuff, just put them on the hill!
I don't care if it's turbo'd, big bored, nitrous, whatever! I know you don't ride stock sleds so run what you bring!! Should be a lot of fun and it's hard to find people running mod sleds anymore.
My poor old HEAVY :eyebrows:Skidoos won't be much of a challenge for your Polaris sleds but hey, we'll have fun anyway.

Shoot me a PM or reply on here if you like.

Last edited:

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
Wonder what the Poll would look like if we started a new one including the Doo 850? (would show how many switched from Poo to Doo) Cause we all know what you own is what "Rules"

sconnierider

Premium Member
Nov 10, 2010
Madison, WI
Poo vs Doo

I hear you about the 'Doo 850's but I think the Axys chassis combined with the ability to flesh out issues in the field with the "Poo VS the 'Doo trumps.

Premium Features