• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

chassis ground?

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
2009,800 assault
where does the chassis ground? been having various problems. motor to chassis is open continuity. latest one is i put in new rebuild and injectors wouldn't open at all. i had an old assembly, so i put that one in and it started right up but would die soon as you moved throttle. with pcv unhooked it will not die, but the upper injectors are not showing that they are opening unless i use the ground from the bottom injectors. i have the bottom ground jumpered to the uppers right now but don't know if that will hurt anything

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
There is some good info on grounding in the electrical section in the" increasing your IQ" sticky at the top of this forum in case you haven't read it yet.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
update
today i run extra grounds . checked capacitor and it does drain pretty fast, takes about 5 seconds to get back to zero. i checked another sled thats running fine and it tested the same thing,so i took it for a ride and it runs descent until you mash the throttle then it hesitates then really bogs down after about 7000 rpm, i am still running with the ground jumper from bottom injectors to the top. what voltage should i be seeing on the injector wires? pcv unhooked. plugs were tan to dark

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
just went out checking things again. just confusing me more. it is putting out 14 volts. then if i shut it off and unplug the capacitor it shows 13 and goes down slowly, so i think that is ok. now the injectors...with it hooked up correctly and pcv plugged in it will die when you move throttle. if pcv unplugged it will rev up just fine, now if i put test light ground on the red/blue and pointer on yel/wht and rev it no light and revs fine, but if i put ground on red/blue for lower injector and pointer on yel/wht and rev it, it will light up but motor dies.... i don't understand what's happening

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I would purchase a can of electronic contact cleaner such as LPS that leaves no residual. Unplug and clean all the connectors you had to take apart when you replaced the engine. While you have them apart check for bent pins or pins that may have been pushed back into the connector. That includes the injector harness too. I suspect resistive or poor connections are causing your issues.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Checked and cleaned all plugs. Same thing. When should I get voltage on the upper injectors? Think I will change stator after dinner

Give "northstarrick" a pm on HCS. I think he knows a bit about injector timing etc on the CFI 4 system.

Premium Features