• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 vertical escape reverse not actuating

My no reverse problem started with the machine stalling when I hit the reverse button, now days nothing happens if I hit the button. All connections are firm and no obvious chafed wires - what tests are in order to figure out the cause of no reverse. Could it be coincidence my tac light went out also? 2004, escape

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I would buy a used left hand controls off of EBAY, and install it.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Find someone else with the same sled and same year at the snow park, and temporarily swap out the piece. I don't use reverse all that often because it tends to dig trenches and then gets stuck.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I did away with the stock switches. If I recall correctly the gray/pink wire needs temporary ground. The start position of the key switch works well to perform that function (free too). May be worth checking TPS voltage too though, when that is off reverse doesn't work.

I did away with the stock switches. If I recall correctly the gray/pink wire needs temporary ground. The start position of the key switch works well to perform that function (free too). May be worth checking TPS voltage too though, when that is off reverse doesn't work.
GOOD SOLID INFORMATION RIGHT THEIR THANK YOU, off the top of your head whats the program for the TPS check ? my idle speed is just fine and i never mess with tps before

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
GOOD SOLID INFORMATION RIGHT THEIR THANK YOU, off the top of your head whats the program for the TPS check ? my idle speed is just fine and i never mess with tps before

I forget which pins are which, but you supply 5v DC power to the TPS and depending on throttle position it outputs between 0.7V to 5V or so (I don't have a lot of confidence in those voltages, please verify). Closed throttle is lower voltage. There's a good write up for it, maybe stickied in the IQ section of the forum. For a 5V supply voltage I sacrificed a USB cable, and simply used a multi-meter to check output voltage. To adjust, you loosen the security Torx screws that hold the TPS, and rotate it to get the output voltage in range at closed throttle and open throttle.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You can go to Carl's Cycle Sales web site, and look up the part number for your sled for the back side of the left handle, which is the ASM-CONTROL,LH,(BASIC)
2010369 (replaces 2010167).

Then you search other sled models and years, to see what else uses the same part number. For instance, the 2004 RMK 151 is: ASM-CONTROL,LH,REV
2010371 (replaces 2010206).

Then you can swap out your ASM control with a compatible sled.

Premium Features