• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtntk Turbo Axys

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
Kalispell, MT
Any more pics / info on the airbox? Tough to tell from the pictures how it flows.
Laminova core? Velocity stacks?
The picture that kinda showed the core is no longer showing...

Not laminova, not sure on the stacks.

Coolant flows through a number of finned tubes in the air box.

T
Sep 10, 2009
And here's a little boost into the weekend!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VAyjU6-bn8w?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Snowchecked a kit, anyone running a gear down kit to get even better gains out of the bottom? only running a 155x2.6

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
elevation

And here's a little boost into the weekend!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VAyjU6-bn8w?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What Elevation are you at in this video?

P
Mar 17, 2012
MTNTK turbo feeback

I have 2 MTNTK turbo's. I have one on my 16 Axys set at 11 lbs boost running on 35% race fuel. It is so damn fun I love it. I also have a 17 Axys running at 8 lbs on premium Non Eth and it is an awesome early season sled until the bigger climbs are available for the 16 Axys. Sean and Rob have been awesome to work with. They cut no corners with there turbos. My sled can run all spring with out getting hot due to the extra tunnel cooler. I ran a couple different brands of turbos prior to getting a MTNTK and Im very glad I switched. If any one has question Im glad to talk. 2086701964 Shawn

T
Sep 10, 2009
I have 2 MTNTK turbo's. I have one on my 16 Axys set at 11 lbs boost running on 35% race fuel. It is so damn fun I love it. I also have a 17 Axys running at 8 lbs on premium Non Eth and it is an awesome early season sled until the bigger climbs are available for the 16 Axys. Sean and Rob have been awesome to work with. They cut no corners with there turbos. My sled can run all spring with out getting hot due to the extra tunnel cooler. I ran a couple different brands of turbos prior to getting a MTNTK and Im very glad I switched. If any one has question Im glad to talk. 2086701964 Shawn

Papashawn - on average, how many pulls does your sled take to start, when:

-Cold
-Hot

Thanks!

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Papashawn - on average, how many pulls does your sled take to start, when:

-Cold
-Hot

Thanks!

Il answer that on my behalf with my experience. Interesting to hear his also!

But it takes way to many pulls, cold or warm(after the engine has cooled Down for 1 minute).

Thats the only negative i have to say about the mtntk kit. Other then that it runs flawless and pulls way harder then other kits at the same psi.

Ran some logging on it during cold powder days, and its amazing how effective the the watercooled IC is. Its no wonder we can run high pressure on these sleds even at sealvl with this kit. 5/5 stars from me :)

Gonna be fun this year when pushing 12-14psi at sealvl to 3000feet.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Anyone talked to the mtntk guys recently? Feels like they've gone underground...

Patiently waiting for my snowcheck turbo kit.... twice now I've called and gotten "they are shipping next week". So hopefully tommorrow or Monday cause it's dumping snow

G

Gvrunyn

Nov 28, 2007
Butte
Roughrider99 it's coming soon I bet,I received one last week installed it the following day and was riding the next,the kits are no B.S. excellent quality and craftsmanship like everyone says,but what sets them apart is their customer service,had to call with some issues I had and they took care of it right away. I know it's hard to wait but believe me it will be worth it!!!!

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I called on Friday and they said I was 2 spots down the list, and said Tuesday, sounds like they assemble and ship 1 kit at a time.

I'm absolutely chomping at the bit! I'm working till my parts show up and everyones been riding for a few weeks. really excited to try this with TRS clutching, balanced and shimmed primary with zrp clutch cover! gonna test stock gearing before I pull the trigger on a tki belt drive.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Anyone else waiting for a kit? I am constantly getting the run around, been hearing "it ships next week" "if it doesn't ship Friday it will by Monday for sure" for over 3 weeks:mad::mad::mad2::mad2: buddies ordered their siblers and got em within couple weeks. I ordered 2 months ago.

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
Anyone else waiting for a kit? I am constantly getting the run around, been hearing "it ships next week" "if it doesn't ship Friday it will by Monday for sure" for over 3 weeks:mad::mad::mad2::mad2: buddies ordered their siblers and got em within couple weeks. I ordered 2 months ago.

I Shawn has been REALLY busy lately and his shop is very small. Ill be up there tomorrow so ill ask him whats taking so long for everyone's kits..

Premium Features