• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

quick thanks to silber

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
just a quick thanks to silber for the turbo, runs flawless and took 3 hrs give or take a few for me to install with my 3 year old boy and 4 year old girl !
and one more shout out to AK fullthrotel for the recommendation of the use of indy dans low elevy. turbo setup {weights helix and springs} ! 5 pounds of boost no over tacking cool clutches at 2000ft. just sore arms and a need for a led brick to keep the front down :D

*THANKS GOING TO BE A FUN YEAR*

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
guess you might have to change your handle

sumtinright :face-icon-small-hap ha ha

congrats

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
I've called Justin 3 times in the past year with general turbo questions. Has answered the phone all 3 times and was in no hurry to get off the phone with me. Very valuable information on all 3 calls. I believe if he can continue with the support side of it the way he has in the past his business will have few limits. Problem is the larger volume of customer base the harder it is to keep up w/ great customer service. I'll be interested to see how Silber addresses these issues in the future.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I've called Justin 3 times in the past year with general turbo questions. Has answered the phone all 3 times and was in no hurry to get off the phone with me. Very valuable information on all 3 calls. I believe if he can continue with the support side of it the way he has in the past his business will have few limits. Problem is the larger volume of customer base the harder it is to keep up w/ great customer service. I'll be interested to see how Silber addresses these issues in the future.

He is very backed up with the current demand of kits but still tries to take time and answer the day to day questions. We as dealers really try and help in this department, so he can continue to pump out that extremely nice product all day every day!

The positive comments are great to hear!

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012

I'm in the process of installing my non-intercooled Silber kit right now. Waiting on my ECU, so I'm in no rush...

Did you do anything else extra that was not mentioned in the install instructions? I figured now is the time to take care of anything else with the sled stripped down... I just added some heat tape to the CF structure and coolant bottle. Thinking about doing the SLP torque arm as well.

Jul 22, 2009
I'm in the process of installing my non-intercooled Silber kit right now. Waiting on my ECU, so I'm in no rush...

Did you do anything else extra that was not mentioned in the install instructions? I figured now is the time to take care of anything else with the sled stripped down... I just added some heat tape to the CF structure and coolant bottle. Thinking about doing the SLP torque arm as well.

I’m also new to the silber kit and owning a turbo too for that matter, but for what it’s worth... I did the torque arms, new motor mounts, heat tape the coolant bottle like you mention, and plenty of heat tape on the coolant and oil lines. Also new plugs gapped to a tight .020 as I’ve seen that recommended quite a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska

What year Axys?

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Ak, how do you route the outside coolant line with the 90? I have it going at about 5 oclock but concerned about it being so close to the muffler. I saw one pic that had it run between the compressor and turbine housings but was concerned about the turbine housing melting the line. The 90 seems to be too short in depth, if it was .5" longer I could rotate it closer to 3 o'clock and be fine I think. But really all in all it was about as easy an install as it could be.

23eddefb0bfe91c3e6f1ef6dd87d7ed8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
This is how I am running them now. Up and over the top. The compressor side will not melt anything. Once they go over and down I secure them to the cross post and a couple other places to make sure they dont touch on the under side of the pipe or springs.

thumbnail (1).jpg

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I did do a handful of things when I put the turbo on... iceage rail stiffeners - avid drivers - slp toque arm - tether - fully clipped track - br9 eya plugs {not the es} gaped as stated above - full slp vent kit {intake breather and cowling heat eliminating kit} - striped all foam off the panels for better cooling {I did heat tape a few spots that were close to the pipe/turbo} - heat taped the lines that were talked about above - indy dans low elevation turbo kit {as stated above} -sealed the back of all relay plugs with black form-a-gasket and relay to plug with die-electric grease tanking care not to get any on the connectors! - the rest was just for looks\comfort sled wrap - under seat bag - orange led lights - 1 in off set ZRP spindles... oO0 and a driven clutch bearing and washer that ZRP sell's to prevent spring bind and promote quicker back shifting... probably missed something but that's the majority of it! lots of what I did was not necessary but if I did it again.... I would do it all again!!! I regret nothing I got { well I cheeped out on the iceage rail stiffeners I do wish I would have just bought the iceage rails that are stronger than stock but a@Aa the stiffeners are a fair product too} . lots of what I did was to try to ensure a long and trouble free sled that provides to much HP and not enough break downs to enjoy the scenery you get to see when your getting towed out!!! to each his own... just smack that turbo on and ride or try to do some preventive maintenance either way is up to you!!!! have a good year we have ben riding in alaska for 3 or 4 weeks now!!! oO0 ThE SnOw

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
I’m also new to the silber kit and owning a turbo too for that matter, but for what it’s worth... I did the torque arms, new motor mounts, heat tape the coolant bottle like you mention, and plenty of heat tape on the coolant and oil lines. Also new plugs gapped to a tight .020 as I’ve seen that recommended quite a few times.

I'm using that aluminum foil type heat resistant tape for the side panels...but was unsure how to wrap the coolant and oil lines...you just wrapping them in the same type of tape, or is there specific tape for rubber/silicone hoses?

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
I'd also like to thank ak full throttle for doing all the testing and leg work for clutching for us sea level guys. Just purchased a Silber and he has been nothing but helpful for a newbie turbo owner!

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Can't say enough good things about silber myself as far as customer service. Justin has been there to answer any questions and so has Corey Boston. Only got 2 days on the product on snow and so far it is a riot, see how the durability test does from here.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I used thermo-shield made by cool it thermo tec on the hoses and the tin tape on the hood. the thermo-shield is definitely a better product than the tin tape it is tin faced with a fiberglass back with an adhesive backing..... but im sure the tin tape will be fine.

Premium Features