• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bd sidekick vs silber

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I put 1-2 gal of 110 oct in with non eth 91 on my silber. At 10-12K it does run a tad rich at 5lbs. But I'd rather run rich for piece of mind

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I put 1-2 gal of 110 oct in with non eth 91 on my silber. At 10-12K it does run a tad rich at 5lbs. But I'd rather run rich for piece of mind

Man that's some elevation right there. Should be able to run 7# with that fueling setup.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I had two boondocker inter-cooler kits on pros and installed a silber kit on a new axys in feb. The lag is much more noticeable on the silber and clutching is way to hot. The silber has good power, I picked up different clutching but didn't get to try it. I just ordered a sidekick to install on a customers sled that I ride with, so I will have a good comparison this winter. I ride with several sidekick turbos and they all run good every day. I was tired of the tunnel dump and think silbers kit is more bang for the dollar but really don't like the extra lag.

Would definitely love to hear back with some direct comparison!!!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Sled felt good but always felt better at higher elevation.

You should feel Mucho better at lower elevation- you have so much air to cram in there @ 7# would be a ride- and on the fuel your runnin....:face-icon-small-hap
Us here in the nose bleed elevations beg for the HP you see daily with the added boost! We don't have the air..

Last edited:

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Clutch weights

I was quoted a Silber Turbo with adjustable weights to run flatland and out west. Well, long story short, had buy my own, now I'm off to Indy Dans setup. Haven't tried the new setup, but I'm sure it will be better.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
thanks every one, got a 2018 bd sidekick on order supper amped hope its as reliable as iv been hearing. has anyone changed any gearing to get more track speed what gages do i need for temp and fuelling is any of that even a worry or just ride it ?

Hopefully your above 5k elevation. If not best of luck.

Premium Features