• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

144" Replacement Track

H
Jan 3, 2016
Looking to replace the stock track on my 02 MC 800 144". I was told by Country Cat that Arctic Cat no longer stocks this track and the options are few and far between. Any help would be appreciated.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
That track was garbage anyway. Drop your front skid mount to the lower hole, soften up the preload on the front skid shock, and put a decent 2" track on it with 2.52 pitch. The notches were there to clear the cooler tubes that some brain dead engineer ran in the wrong place! Dropping the front skid mount should give you enough clearance to miss them. You could check it for sure by dropping it with the existing track on and see how the full height lugs would clear.

H
Jan 3, 2016
I am not opposed to aftermarket. I just want to keep the stock lug height and pitch if possible. I believe it is a 2.25" lug now. It works well for what I do with a 144" in the mountains here in Oregon.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Unless someone changed it, it should be a 2.52 pitch, and a 2" lug height... I've got no experience with getting a non-notched track to fit though. You could always hand notch if you had to I guess.

I have a set of WPS rail extensions intended to take a 151 to a 162, but they should also work great to make your 144 into a 153... Just in case a 153 track is easier to come by. :)
Good Luck!

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I have a 2001 MC with the 144 2 inch track. I swapped mine out with a Skidoo 16 inch wide 144 X 2 track from the rev chassis Summit. They are 2.52 pitch. Huge improvement over the the AC track. To fit the tunnel coolers the Skidoo track has a set of notches at the tip of the lugs. They will line up perfect with the tunnel coolers. You will need to just cut or clip off the notches on the tip of the lugs and they will clear the cooler.

Premium Features