• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xp blew motor in Whistler

W
Mar 20, 2008
Was up riding in Whistler for 4 days and on the first day started to lose power on a climb and the thing just died, no lights, no warning. Tried to start the thing, and the engine was seized. The only good thing is that it is under warranty and there is lots of stuff and girls to do in Whistler.

B

BoneStock 600

Jan 15, 2008
Wy
XP BLown

Hopefully you have better luck than I do. Mines been sitting in the shop for the last 3 weeks waiting for a damn motor! Skidoo still is out of motors! Must have built alot of junk this year.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Hopefully you have better luck than I do. Mines been sitting in the shop for the last 3 weeks waiting for a damn motor! Skidoo still is out of motors! Must have built alot of junk this year.

built lots of junk last year, now there giving all the 07 riders 08 motors! thats why there is none.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry Johnny, you're wrong. They're not giving ALL the 07 owners new motors, just the ones that puke before the warrantys up. They're hoping the majority last till after the warranty period is up. Then, even tho they know that motor is junk, and gonna blow, you are then on your own dime, and then they'll get to sell you parts and service. And that there is truly Bull$hit.

L
Jan 22, 2008
Gallatin Gateway Mt
Well been ridin Doo for two years decided to wait and see if the X-p was any better than previous motor doesent appear any better:(Bought a Cat last week so far a great move much smoother no vibration switched with my buddy rode his X-p for a wile glad to back on the Cat:beer;

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
think i saw them unloading your sled at i 90 yesterday. how many miles do you have on it. hope they get it back to you soon.still lots of good rides left.

W
Mar 20, 2008
Yes, that was my sled at I-90 had my buddy drop it for me. I had 1600 miles on the sled and it was running very well up till that point. I had just got the clutching finally dialed in by Derek at Smail Performance and was quite happy with the difference it made. My '07 summit is also at I-90 for the chaincase exploding, the bolt head that holds the gear on had sheared off and got caught in the chain, anyone ever hear of this? Not having good luck with the doo's this month, hope everything will be covered under warranty, but Remko wasn't to positive about the chaincase. I feel something like this should be covered, what do you guys think?

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
It should be covered but..... Did you have the two year warranty or 1 year to start with the 1 year added later? If you started with 2 then shouldn't be any question but the 2nd year extension didn't provide a full sled warranty-as I recall. Exactly the reason I got rid of my 07 Summit X-Waaaay tooooo many issues!!!!

W
Nov 26, 2007
Valdez
07 Summit

I had the same issue with the chaincase. The bolt sheared off the bottom gear and flew out the side.

I too am worried about the 800R in my sled. I spoke with Steel Dreams last week about extending the engine warranty. Aparently we have the option to purchase an additional year of engine warranty. $450 will cover you till Nov 09. You have till your original two year warranty expires to extend it.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Yes, that was my sled at I-90 had my buddy drop it for me. I had 1600 miles on the sled and it was running very well up till that point. I had just got the clutching finally dialed in by Derek at Smail Performance and was quite happy with the difference it made. My '07 summit is also at I-90 for the chaincase exploding, the bolt head that holds the gear on had sheared off and got caught in the chain, anyone ever hear of this? Not having good luck with the doo's this month, hope everything will be covered under warranty, but Remko wasn't to positive about the chaincase. I feel something like this should be covered, what do you guys think?

Damn, 1600 mi good job. Or is it, get a job..

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
it's not a grave yard. it's a (parts wearhouse) twist remmys arm and maybe that chain case get covered. not to hard or he will bill me for it. have fun.

W
Mar 20, 2008
Will not have an engine until june, guess that is the season for me. What is the point of buying a new sled if they do not make replacement parts for the damn thing, very pissed.

B

bikerjustin

Apr 14, 2008
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Will not have an engine until june, guess that is the season for me. What is the point of buying a new sled if they do not make replacement parts for the damn thing, very pissed.

Sorry to hear that dude, was hoping to ride with you again this year. we peace out to Idaho at then end of June. If you get the machine back and want to do some spring time let me know.
Later

Yea that is Cr@p. I waited 3 months to get a short block for my 07 this year. It seems that the way they deal with warranties, don't have parts untill the warranty is over! I would make them pull a new motor out of a sled they didn't sell this year and put it in. Did they have the parts for the 07?

Premium Features