• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going crazy with this one!!

What am I missing here??

• Anybody else dealing with this same problem?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2006 Summit X idiot beeper going off all day long!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S
Mar 15, 2008
2006 Summit X 800 with electric start. I have some sort of electrical gremlin. The sled will run strong for the most part, but periodically won't rev like it should(slight bogging). As soon as I start the sled, the idiot beeper goes off and beeps at me for most of the day, if not all of it. I unplug the beeper, grab a tow rope and hope for the best. One time, late in the day, I plugged the beeper back in after I noticed the engine light was'nt flashing any more. It was quiet and ran fine all the way back to the truck. The next day, I fired it up and it started beeping right away and did'nt stop until I unplugged it again. It's trying to tell me something!! What???
The thing is, it's ridable, with mediocre performance though. Hot or cold it does the same thing.

Here's what I've done. The first time I went through this, it was the throttle position sensor wires that were wrapped around the throttle cable and got rubbed raw. Easy fix, back on the trail.

It's a short beep followed by a long one. I also swapped out the ECM from another 06 800 and it did'nt change a thing, beeped right away. Also changed out the temperature sensor as well. Still, nothing changed. Budds report comes up with vauge details. Not much help.

%#%@# sake already!

Premium Features