• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broken jackshafts

have you broken a jackshaft

• yes

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • have already switched it out for aftermarket

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Dealer got ahold of me today, cat warrantied the clutches so I'll check my crank run out and If it's still straight I'll be happy. Going to go with an aftermarket shaft though.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
You should probably adjust your number using operating machines, people viewing thread is quite irrelevant......

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Has the poll author considered the response "No - I have not broke my jackshaft"

I have not broke mine or replaced mine.

Add the third option.......

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
this poll is as bad as putting in the poo section
I have a blown motor
or
not yet its at Indy Dans.

2 x 14 no and no.

the poll is a FAIL not the jack shaft.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Have almost 10k on 4 different pro climbs all with either turbos or big bores and zero breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Running on borrowed time. That's like people that trust the stock silent chain because they haven't broke one.

I am the only one in our group to have broken a chain but I definitely don't trust them! I wonder if everyone who is breaking them is running a stock secondary and the binding or lack of travel in the clutch is trying to flex them and eventually breaking them. We all have aftermarket secondaries except for one 14. And I have done some seriously hard landings with my sled wot on boost, the belt drive and shaft have held up fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Mine broke on my 12 at the around the 600 mile mark. I was running a team for around 400 of those miles. Cat did not cover the cost of the team. Installed aftermarket shaft and never had the problem again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features