• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello

S

snowdog12

Nov 2, 2010
Rock Springs, WY
I am moving from WY to omaha in just about a month, thought I would post on here and say hello being I dont see a NE thread. Anyway love ridding deep days, dont get too step but that may seem way to steep for flatlanders. Any way going to be looking for some good road trip/ridding peeps. Hello Midwest! :cheer2:

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Welcome!!! Glad to have you. This is where we hang and talk about our trips west. I ride around here if and when we get enough to take the edge off. Most everyone on here ride west only.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Are you crazy????????????? Don't let Newmy turn you into a husker lover.:face-icon-small-win

Anyway welcome to the life of a flatlander. We'll have to have a beer sometime. I'm 20 miles east of omaha.

S

snowdog12

Nov 2, 2010
Rock Springs, WY
I am almost always ready for a beer, I grew up in MI, and have live in between arizona, utah, and wyoming for the last 6 years now. I love it out here but could use some green area's and a good thunderstorm.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Holler when you want to meet some cool Husker fans. These other schmucks from IA are sketchy:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
Omaha

Try to stay out west of 72nd for sure, I would say west of 680 is better. southwest can be better than northwest, it will depend on where you are going to work. You will want to pick something where traffic isn't so bad. if you kinda give me some more info I will help the best I can, have lived in Omaha my entire life. Todd P.s. Some people really like the downtown, midtown thing but they are more green/ granola if I had to label them.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Try to stay out west of 72nd for sure, I would say west of 680 is better. southwest can be better than northwest, it will depend on where you are going to work. You will want to pick something where traffic isn't so bad. if you kinda give me some more info I will help the best I can, have lived in Omaha my entire life. Todd P.s. Some people really like the downtown, midtown thing but they are more green/ granola if I had to label them.

Or East side of Council Bluffs. Lewis Township. That's we're we live now. Very nice and would be Cheaper to live in Omaha. I can be west of 680 in Omaha in 30-mins.

S

snowdog12

Nov 2, 2010
Rock Springs, WY
I will be working on Q st off of I-80 for now. They are looking to build a new shop later this year. I see 680, and will look outside of that line. Most of the places for sale are all within that line. We are looking for atleast a 3bdrm and needs a decent garage for me :D.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
sw omaha

OK, now that we know you are working in the area of I-80 and Q, that helps. Renting or buying? kids or no kids? how big of garage :) the market for 3 or more garages is small. the area around there is really good, lots of choices, lots of good neighborhoods.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
OK, now that we know you are working in the area of I-80 and Q, that helps. Renting or buying? kids or no kids? how big of garage :) the market for 3 or more garages is small. the area around there is really good, lots of choices, lots of good neighborhoods.

Exactly what I was going to say. I drive past there quite a bit, buddy's shop is west of there on Q.

S

snowdog12

Nov 2, 2010
Rock Springs, WY
We are looking to rent untill we find the right area that we would want to buy. I have a little one on the way, we are going to move about 2 weeks after she is born. The wife is due the end of april first of may. I have a one car garage now but would love a 2 car one. We are looking to keep rent around 1,000. We also have a mut dog who is nice with everyone.

Premium Features