• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wind in Colorado!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Lake, Colorado
Good one P.j.!!! Was on top of the Porphrys yesterday (giving some friends from Iowa a tour) and you could jump straight up in the air and the wind would push you 20' or so off the hill!! Wish I didnt forget my camera. Must have been gusting 100mph!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
It stopped around here at 3 pm. I sent PJ out to the back yard to pick up roof debris. I get to call State Farm in the morning to make a claim.

ProPanel roof, here I come. Finally!

Z
Jan 12, 2005
Hahns Peak, CO
I had a big green lodge pole blow over onto my sled trailer. Blew out one tire, bent the rim, collapsed the jack, bent my side panel, and tweeked the frame. Good thing the sleds weren't loaded on it. Plus I had two other tree's fall on my driveway.

My driveway looked like a bomb went off with all the tree branches everywhere.

Cleaning everything up, it's the one and only time I'm glad that we have no snow except the stuff that fell a few weeks back.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Lake, Colorado
I had a big green lodge pole blow over onto my sled trailer. Blew out one tire, bent the rim, collapsed the jack, bent my side panel, and tweeked the frame. Good thing the sleds weren't loaded on it. Plus I had two other tree's fall on my driveway.

Cleaning everything up, it's the one and only time I'm glad that we have no snow except the stuff that fell a few weeks back.

Damn that blows.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

That sucks. Homeowners?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
The Wolf creek rental guys told us yesterday they reported him to the FS, That may be why he went west this time.

He needs to work with the Thunder Mountain Lodge. They have a guide permit and he could operate out of there legally. I'm sure the other permit holders will take issue with Burandt poaching their areas.

Truth is, nobody will feel sorry for him after all the times he has bent the rules with guiding once the FS drops the hammer.

It too bad they dont have a general permit to where you can follow the snow.

That guy isn't gonna learn and it's sad. If he gets a summons and charges get filed, Polaris will drop him faster than Nike kicked Tiger and then where will he be? A beautiful wife and two beautiful kids and he's willing to risk it for a buck?? It sucks to see fame and money destroy the icons of the sport. That used to be a guy that would toss you a cold one if you walked into his shop on any given afternoon. Won't happen now. Sad, very sad.

That's two of the most epic Natl. Forests in Colorado that he's been run out of. RE took 4 seasons, WC took a month and GM will take even less.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Is it that he cant get a permit or wont?

Permits are very limited. Those that have them went through a very long and expensive process. The application is very invasive. They want bank account info, they want insurance info. And those that have permits aren't going to let them go. Then the USFS has to do some sort of "IMPACT" study which takes up to several seasons to complete and generally doesn't come out in your favor.

It's BS but most certainly not worth risking your as$ for it. If his customers truly give a squat, then they would understand and be willing to cancel and wait till he can secure a legal way of doing it, instead of having him force his hand. I'm sure he can afford to sit out a season instead of risking his business, family and reputation.

And it seems that we have a CB alter who just "happened" to join last night at 11:30 or so. I'm sure that Chris would be thrilled to know that somebody is using his name. Chris is registered on the SW forums but it's not under his full name, just his last.

Last edited:
Premium Features