• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trygstad 872

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
when i called him for info on the bb, he seamed very impolite, somewhat rude, and was more concerened about his sno cross riders...lol then wanted me to contack another builder that does his work(took it as another arogant yankee)

i told him not to worry, i was just inquiring...

last time i sent him a motor, there was shipping damage he said and work never started... to this date was out of pocket for me for someones screw-up

so i would be very leary on doing bussiness with a guy like that, i have heard good things as well about him

my two cents

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
when i called him for info on the bb, he seamed very impolite, somewhat rude, and was more concerened about his sno cross riders...lol then wanted me to contack another builder that does his work(took it as another arogant yankee)

last time i sent him a motor, there was shipping damage he said and work never started... to this date was out of pocket for me for someones screw-up

so i would be very leary on doing bussiness with a guy like that, i have heard good things as well about him

my two cents
Wow A buddy of mine is getting 872 ,IT on its way home rate now I'll be installing and clutching it,but my dealing with dave was nothing, but very informantive and I never got the [Arogant yankee]I have got that from other engine builders ,one builder lost out on doing my cyl on my 6 , 8 and this BB.Dave will be doing them.I'll give you a update on what I think of the motor in a couple weeks .damn freight takes for ever:faint:.

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Don't pay no mind to fredw. He can be a bit sensitive to our "arrogant yankee" humor. I was born in Canada and I still don't know what eh means. :face-icon-small-ton
Daves knows his stuff. And his motors make power. I'll be ordering the 872 from him soon. Twins and a little race gas should get up close to her 190hp.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.

my two cents

Forgive this man, as he knows not of whats he says and does.

S

summit_man

Nov 23, 2008
Sioux Falls SD

I have an Trigstad 880 . Motor is sick. I have called Dave several times and he has been super helpful in helping me learn this motor. I purchased my sled with it already installed. There has been times where I felt some resistance, but I think it was more cause I am poking for info and wasn't looking at spending money??? (already had motor) At the same time I it was probably me just feeling stupid for asking questions three times over hahaha. My set up has No DPM, Oil delete, No Lights, No Heat Sensor, Twins, Race Gas set up, full Holz Suspension with Evolx all arouns.. ... 100% hill climber!! With that being said I inquired all kinds of info to understand set up and jetting etc. for the different elevations I ride... I have ridden it once last June, right after I got it. RIDICULOUS!!!! it is on my stand getting a full cleaning and a 2.5 extreme on it as we speak. !!!

I will be calling him and bugging him soon !!! LOL

FYI Here Big John has a SWEET 880 kit he is installing. No question Sled Head is (Big John) is Awesome guy and GREAT to deal with!!!

S

summit_man

Nov 23, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
Stand Corrected

Well guys I Stand Corrected

I called trigstad this morning. Mr. helpful this spring turned into not helpful at all. Pretty much told me I'm on my own with any parts or info.Funny considering he bragged this motor up in May and June, to me. Today he Blew me off and didn't give a *hit about the 880 a bit. basically told me the motor he built was no good and wanted nothing to do with it.... NOT HAPPY with this guy and will never do business with him EVER>>>!!! If offending someone, sorry, should of been on the phone, you would feel the same way..

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Well guys I Stand Corrected

I called trigstad this morning. Mr. helpful this spring turned into not helpful at all. Pretty much told me I'm on my own with any parts or info.Funny considering he bragged this motor up in May and June, to me. Today he Blew me off and didn't give a *hit about the 880 a bit. basically told me the motor he built was no good and wanted nothing to do with it.... NOT HAPPY with this guy and will never do business with him EVER>>>!!! If offending someone, sorry, should of been on the phone, you would feel the same way..

Welcome to reality. You want a strong running 880 look towards SHR I have both trygstads and SHR 880,s

Last edited:
S

summit_man

Nov 23, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
I know John pretty good . he is a stand up guy. As for my sled . It runs really really good. just checked compression and its getting a little spread apart. Feel its time to freshen up is all. Not bashing the motor. John wont have anything to do with this race gas set up. Lynn Felker dialed this one in and has been really helpful today. He said It dyno tested a 230 hp, (what he was told when the build was sent to him to install.) Its an on the edge set up and a guy deserves to be nervous about engine longevity because of it. I understand that and accept it. I just want quality parts to freshen it up.
I am just complaining about not getting quality service with Trigstad. I feel if peeps spend this kinda a money and you are a builder you should be able to keep parts available for the sleds you build. And if you decide your "MR PERFECT" set up is not as durable as you expected then offer options to remedy it. Don't brush a guy off. not rocket science, its just good business.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Dave does good work. He is a flat land motor builder. When it comes to the mountains that's not his specialty. His porting rocks! The best porting I have seen is RLE and I know Russ won't help you on clutching/jetting either.

S

summit_man

Nov 23, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
????

Sorry Cracker. I didn't mean to take over your thread!!! At the same time you have my opinion. As for mountains/ flatland riding/ water crossing/ hill climb racing. doesnt matter what type of riding the point I'm making is still valid/ and his customer service and standing, behind his work still is not cool.

I am done with this and once again Cracker I am sorry for my venting, Stay with Big John!!!! SHR

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I live 5 min from Dave and run a shr 860. Dave has been short with me also and when I asked him about his 880 he said to stay away from it. It is not built to be a lasting motor. Just what I was told

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
we will be riding corbin on saturday, you should come:face-icon-small-coo

If your calling me out, no prob. If your wanting me to ride, only the idiots ride in corbin now, not enough snow and too many rocks!:boxing:

And if you were to think that beating me on the hill will prove that what you say on here about the very people that we learn from is justified.........it won't!

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
More than likely you won't get a set-up with his motors either......seems that's all secret. He will tell you that they love the fuel though.

Premium Features