• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Driven Pullies and Jackshafts

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Has anyone out there replaced their fixed secondary pully and jackshaft with, say, the Team Industries system? I cannot get my head wrapped around the fixed pully/jackshaft system utilized on my new Ski-Doo although the OEM system is probably ok. Any and all input on this matter is as always appreciated. Cheers.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The only advantage (IMO) is for quicker access to the carbs. Once you get used to the one piece setup, it takes about 3 minutes to remove, and the QRS is a GREAT clutch, very durable and consistant.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
I agree 550 iq, I have owned a fewaid these sleds now and I think that is the worst part of the sled. Belts are not designed to be stressed with a side load and that's what's going on with these clutches. With the opposite shives on each clutch being fixed it doesn't make sense why they designed them like that. The only way you get perfect alignment is somewhere in mid range. I have just sent my set up to the doo doc so I'm very excited to try that out. I'm tired of burning belts. I have also done winter brews clutching and it worked awesome but that doesn't fix the crappy design from skidoo. That what I think anyhow...

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks AKSLEDR. I am suspicious when Ski Doo's snow cross racers come with a "separate" drive system to isolate drive line loads. Ever since the advent of the jackshafts in the early 70's, one has been able to remove and service the driven pully, and allow for some belt alignment relief. Lots of smack out there concerning poor Ski Doo belt life and for some reason the fixed pully system keeps coming to mind. Oh well, I have 2.5 months before the XRS has to run the Iron Dog and clutch heat/belt life/jackshaft stability issues will have to be dealt with. But that is what we "doo"!
Cheers.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
A couple of my buddies have ran the race using the doo doctor set up and have had awesome success. They are getting ready to send out there new clutches as well. I figure if they last for those guys they will last for me. The only thing is the race consists of high speed and not too much shifting unlike my style which is back country and puts a lot of stress on drive train.

T
Jan 30, 2010
I ran the team tied on my 09 154 with the floater plug. with the clutch floated the high clutch temps and belt eating disapeared. The tied worked well, good track speed, quick backshift. I got ahold of this setup before I found out about the doo doc's setup. IHO everything I achieved with the team setup can be achieved easily with a floated QRS. I to like the QRS but I think it would do better if it was floated. If the fixed QRS is so good why do the 600RS machines have a floated clutch. I suspect this is a case where manufacturing costs out weigh performance. It's a shame because poor clutching in these machines don't let them shine like I know they can.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
The 600ACE is removable, called the "short shaft QRS"
Quote: Designed to ease maintenance and alignment while keeping the benefits of the QRS driven....yatta yatta....this system does gain approximate 1.8~2.3kgs rotating mass.
Looks just like the doodoctors floating secondary.

Dont expect to use the ace short shaft on other larger sleds as the ace short shaft is smaller diameter.

Json

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Skelleftea-Sweden
The 600ACE is removable, called the "short shaft QRS"
Quote: Designed to ease maintenance and alignment while keeping the benefits of the QRS driven....yatta yatta....this system does gain approximate 1.8~2.3kgs rotating mass.
Looks just like the doodoctors floating secondary.

Dont expect to use the ace short shaft on other larger sleds as the ace short shaft is smaller diameter.

Also the 550 fan cooled sleds have the removable QRS.

Premium Features