• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hunting Season

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Lets do something different. Who's getting ready for upcoming hunting season here in Iowa? What kind of hunting do you like? Pheasant hunting, deer hunting, coyote hunting, ect.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
We shot 48 teal yesterday.

Sounds like you had a good day. Did you notice I added coyote hunting:face-icon-small-hap Figured you would like that. Do people still go around here? Have not been in a few years. Always fun to go shot some dogs:face-icon-small-hap

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Sounds like you had a good day. Did you notice I added coyote hunting:face-icon-small-hap Figured you would like that. Do people still go around here? Have not been in a few years. Always fun to go shot some dogs:face-icon-small-hap

Hell yea we still dog hunt. Last year was tough with all the snow, we only killed around 20, but we are usually around 60. If I am not in wyoming I am chasing coyotes all winter. It should be good this year since we had a slow one last year.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
I'd post some coyote pics, but the last time I did it created some great debate around here. lol

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
As long as pictures are clean and in good humor, I have no problem with it. Nothing wrong with a picture showing a group of hunters and how they did hunting that day. We just have to remember to keep it clean:face-icon-small-hap

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
bow season start on oct 1st!

have anybody heard about a elk that walked in iowa before? I was at the little bar in small town and saw a pic of elk, background is snow and cornfield (harvested). I dont know if thats true or not.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Have not heard of that, but would not surprise me. Had a friend find a old elk shed in SW IA. Part of it was sticking out of the river bank. He dug it out and could not believe what he had found.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
How is everyone doing this year? Bow hunting here in Iowa is in full swing. Have seen the bucks chasing in the last 3-4 days. I think this weekend till next weekend is going to be the hot time to be in the stand.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
3 of my friends shot 3 bucks. 9 points, 10, and 8.
one of my friends killed a coyote at about 200 yards with rifle gun.

I havent went hunting since I been busy. Will go out this week!!!

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
3 of my friends shot 3 bucks. 9 points, 10, and 8.
one of my friends killed a coyote at about 200 yards with rifle gun.

I havent went hunting since I been busy. Will go out this week!!!

Not bad, post some pics if you have any. Keep us posted on how you did this weekend. Coyoteman could tells us some good dog story's.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
my buddy sent me a picture of deer with arrow on his head. He said he didnt shoot that deer but someone did. He got the picture on his trail cam.

deer.jpg

Premium Features