• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ABS Vario Base + Dakine ABS 25 Pack (Blue w/Green) + ABS vario 30 pack (Red & Grey)

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
ABS Vario Base + Dakine ABS 25 Pack (Blue w/Green) + ABS vario 30 pack (Red & Grey)

This is a very hard decision, but im thinking of selling my Avy Pack to upgrade to a Jetforce or a Snowpulse.

Includes the following:
ABS Vario Base Unit (Twin, Nitrogen filled air bags)
-Size Small
-Used Nitrogen Cannister and charging handle included. It is used because I just set it off to ensure the bags filled and there were no leaks. You will need to get a new cylinder & handle which are $50 @ snowbigdeal.

ABS Vario 30L zip on pack
-Pack has main stuff compartment
-Outer vertical zip compartment
-Hood with inner & waterproof outer zipper compartment
-Hydration/Radio hole
-Tons of Cinch/Hold straps

Dakine ABS 25L LE zip on pack
-Limited Edition Bright Blue & Neon Green (Go Hawks)
-Outter mud comprtment for Shovel, Probe, etc
-Felt lined goggle compartment
-Large Main compartment
-Outter helmet holder
-Ski & Pole holder
-Exterior Pole pocket

I have included a link to this pack below. Best resource to answer any questions you have about the ABS system.
https://abs-airbag.com/us/conf/VARI...-BASE-UNIT-L-STEEL-US/VBU1913ST+VP1530GG.html

I am asking $500 shipped and could possibly be open to a trade for:
-New or LNIB Snowpulse Highmark Pro
-2 New or LNIB Mammut Element
-2 New or LNIB ARVA Neo's

Since the cannister & handle are empty i beleive i can ship without any hazmat fee's.

Im located in Western Wa, but am on the East side every weekend and will be traveling to Missoula to pick up a Trailer 3/17-3/18 and can gladly bring this with me and meet somewhere in between.

As always open to offers especially if i dont have to ship.

Lastly, i am attaching a pic of me wearing it. I am 6'1", 210lbs just so you understand that while it says its a Small it fits me great. Look at the website for fitment, size small is recommended from 5'5" to 6'2". Size Large is 6' to 6'10".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
Ok

I got off the phone and onto the wifes computer. I think I got the rest of the pics I have.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 46
  • standing.jpg
    standing.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 52
L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
Answers to PMs

Ok so ive already got the same PM 3x.

Basically with the ABS you have the base unit that has your cylinder and air bags in it. This is what your actually "wearing" in terms of the pack.

The packs then literally zip on so in 5 min you can go from a 30L deep country pack to a 25L backcountry pack.

The packs are all over the place on price. I saw one at REI for $79 at xmas and ive seen the more mountain tech ones go for $300.

With this setup youre currently getting two setups.

The other question around nitrogen vs compressed air... Well i am not going to go into all the details. Theres actually a couple of great threads in the avy section discussing pros and cons of each. Basically comes down to extreme cold performance vs ease of filling (depending on where you live).

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
Back up for sale

Reduced to $400.

Ended up buying 2 more floats for my wife and son this xmas from remko, so wont be using this anymore.

Sticking with all bca packs now.

Willing to trade for a like condition (basically:spider: new) float 22 turbo with cannister (dont care if its empty).

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
I hate craigslist

I had this listed on craigslist as well and just cant stand the idiots and their trade and cash offers. Like i need anymore 5.56 ammo, a non running motorcycle or landscape tools and if i get one more email from someone who says "theres a bca vest on ebay for $350" i swear im gonna go craigslist postal.

With that said, if im gonna give someone a deal it will be on here before any dipstick on CL.

Im asking $450, but im now open to serious offers especially if your local washington. I live up north and go sledding every weekend in cle elum.

The absolutely only trade im interested in is a float turbo.

Worst i can say is no.

Premium Features