For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Performance/Modified Discuss modifications for your sled

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Currently: In West Yellowstone
Basic Member
boondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Becoming A Mod Builder

I've watched the last three Thunderstruck Films produced by Jim Phelan and the members of Team Thunderstruck, and I've been thinkin about what to do after highschool, and so I put two and two together, why not do something you love for the rest of your life, sounds really good to me, I love seeing the biggest monsters of the snowmobile industry get beaten on, and I love figuring out what makes them so insanly powerful, Id love to build, sell, and ride those monsters for a living, but I know it would be hard starting out, if you or anyone have any tips for me, id love to hear them, Thank you much.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Currently: Not set.
slednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond reputeslednutz has a reputation beyond repute

Either work for someone already in the industry or get really good at designing your own parts.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
knee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond reputeknee deep in it has a reputation beyond repute

the easiest way to become a millionaire in the snowmobile industry is to start with 2 million.

Get a job sweeping the floor and work hard. Get your mechanics certificates, save your money, and try to find like minded hard working people to partner with. If you still love the industry in 10 years, invest your life savings.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Currently: working... So I can pay for sled gas and diesel!
mrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I love cars, horsepower, diesel power, sleds, etc. etc. When i was your age i thought i wanted to work in the same industry i spent all my time playing. Then i started talking to people about it, and i found that the sport or hobby they loved so much turned into to regular old work once they got their career in it. I'm not trying to steer you away from your dreams - as it may be the right choice for you. But i love sledding, horsepower, etc BECAUSE it's not work!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Currently: rebuilding "everything", damm economy
mtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond reputemtn_extreme has a reputation beyond repute

As quick said, I made my hobby my livelyhood once and no longer enjoyed my hobby. After I finally got out of the business I enjoyed the hobby again (and I had time to do it).

Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Currently: CHANGED MY STATUS AGAIN?!?!?!
Basic Member
GYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I went to college for automotive technology and hated working on other peoples stuff, now I work parts in a shop and love it! Im responsible for 99% of snowmobile stuff, just work hard at it. your gonna have to start at the bottom though! I started out as just an entry level parts counter person, now Im second in charge! I also built the owners/demo mpi stage 1 s/c nytro! because I pushed so hard for it the owner wants to start building MODs sleds! we have built a mcx phazer and apex already! and its real nice to have all days off in the winter I want and if it snows more then 6" they dont epect me to come in and my boss calls me to see where im riding so he can meet me there!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Currently: about to start a build
Basic Member
Osborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond reputeOsborne Performance has a reputation beyond repute

its cool to have a dream the easy thing to do is find a guy with a lot of money that likes mod sleds work for him other than that go to college get a high paying job stay away from the sled industry except for your self build your own i work and run a shop i am still in the red on my sled shop

Old 11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
snownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond reputesnownman has a reputation beyond repute
Default work after highschool

if snowmobiling is something your interested in doing, you dont want to work on them all the time or you will hate them. ive been a mechanic for 27 plus years. i do a lot of mod sled building in my spare time, problem is it turns out that you have NO spare time. i used to ride 3500 plus miles a year, now its maybe 350 and most of that is tuning time. plus if you dont have 15000 plus dollars in basic tools much less having a welder, press, bandsaw, etc.etc. you dont have anything to work with. if your just starting out you can work for a dealer (sled) but they dont pay real well. plus most of them dont do the one off mods. much anymore so you have trouble getting MOD. build experience, if you like wrenchin go to school for auto, diesel, aircraft etc. that will give you some mechanical experience and give you time to build a tool supply to work with. and you will have a steady income while you do it, not tryin to discourage you but there are many variables to consider, like summer months. building mod. sleds is very rewarding but you spend countless hours paying attention to detail, fit and finish, fabricating brackets, parts etc. just something for you to think about.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Currently: CHANGED MY STATUS AGAIN?!?!?!
Basic Member
GYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond reputeGYP M-80 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn_extreme View Post
As quick said, I made my hobby my livelyhood once and no longer enjoyed my hobby. After I finally got out of the business I enjoyed the hobby again (and I had time to do it).
I didnt like making my hobby, my livelyhood either(car mechanic) but when I applied it to sleds it was my niche, I guess! I havent gotten bored with it as a hobby even though i do it for work too!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Basic Member
boondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond reputeboondockerpro16 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
XC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond reputeXC700116 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Basic Member
kennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond reputekennyblatz has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Currently: shopping for training wheels
Basic Member
christian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond reputechristian has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Currently: lurking
Basic Member
goinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond reputegoinvertical has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Transporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register