• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Narrowing Ski Stance

J
Feb 21, 2018
I'm new to Polaris sleds and I have a couple questions about my 99 xc 700:

1. I want to narrow the ski stance. I know people say you can use the rmk radius arms to do it but it's never clear on what year to use them from. Anybody have a clear answer for that?

2. The guy before me put the skid from an 04 pro x in place of the old skid. If I add rail extensions am I going to run into clearance issues with the track lugs and the tunnel?

Thanks!

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I would think radius arms from a 1997 to 1999 RMK would be the ones to use. They all use the same part number.
Rail extensions should have nothing to do with track clearance. Are you thinking of putting a bigger lug track in or just a longer track? Bigger lug tracks sometimes need smaller drivers or a drop and roll on the chaincase to get the clearance needed.

J
Feb 21, 2018
I would think radius arms from a 1997 to 1999 RMK would be the ones to use. They all use the same part number.
Rail extensions should have nothing to do with track clearance. Are you thinking of putting a bigger lug track in or just a longer track? Bigger lug tracks sometimes need smaller drivers or a drop and roll on the chaincase to get the clearance needed.

I was thinking about getting a 136" with bigger lugs the 1.25 is nice but not what I'm looking for.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Check to see how much clearance you have between the tip of the lugs on your existing track and the front of the tunnel. That would give you an idea how much bigger you can go.

Premium Features