• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powderlites Turbo Nytro MTX install thread

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
How about a shot from under the tunnell?? Is there any protection from the track??

The turbo is exposed but the track is a long ways away from the turbo. The only thing that worries me right now is the exposed air intake. One call to powderlites and they informed me that they have an updated shield that will protect it. Ill take pictures before and after but it wont be for a couple of weeks as im back up north working again.

B
Apr 4, 2008
NW MT
Loco,

Sounds like Dave has the protection issue covered...I don't really have the time to deal with it anyhow, so I'm just going to leave well enough alone. Good luck with your build!

BL

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Great thread...Half way through mine....It's a whole lot of work on these Nytro's compared to Apex/RX-1, but it should be worth it in the end...The new instructions are WAY better than the first too, so things are moving forward now.. Hope to get it fired up before new-years...

Bull

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
quick question for anyone. Wich is wich of the oil return and oil in on the turbo?

I had a brainfart...Looking at the newer instructions, the turbo hanger seemed to be in the opposite direction of what it should be. I don't have the updated kit, so my turbo hanger was in one piece...mounted it the wrong way looking at the newer instructions....

I can't really figure out excactly how to mount the overflow bottle and the new relay bracket up front, but looking at pictures in this thread makes a little more sence...

Kit looks to be very well thought out so far...I'm really looking forward to a test ride, hopefully tomorrow...

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
quick question for anyone. Wich is wich of the oil return and oil in on the turbo?

I had a brainfart...Looking at the newer instructions, the turbo hanger seemed to be in the opposite direction of what it should be. I don't have the updated kit, so my turbo hanger was in one piece...mounted it the wrong way looking at the newer instructions....

I can't really figure out excactly how to mount the overflow bottle and the new relay bracket up front, but looking at pictures in this thread makes a little more sence...

Kit looks to be very well thought out so far...I'm really looking forward to a test ride, hopefully tomorrow...

the braided line is the high pressure feed line and goes from the t at tbe oil pressure sensor to the top of the turbo. the return line is the bigger hose and goes from the bottom of the turbo to the timing oil return pump which is hooked to the timing inspection hole

dave will send you the updated parts if you call him. they make the install much easier

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
well, both of them needs to go to the top of the turbo...there's nothing to connect them to under the turbo...I don't seem to be able to upload a pic, but both the hole for the feed, and the return is located on top of the turbo, so my question is is the feed the one closest to the wastegate?

I know dave will send the parts, but I'm in Norway, so it would take me 2 weeks to get them, and I need the sled done by tomorrow for a customer...

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
well, both of them needs to go to the top of the turbo...there's nothing to connect them to under the turbo...I don't seem to be able to upload a pic, but both the hole for the feed, and the return is located on top of the turbo, so my question is is the feed the one closest to the wastegate?

I know dave will send the parts, but I'm in Norway, so it would take me 2 weeks to get them, and I need the sled done by tomorrow for a customer...

im sorry but that makes no sense to me. are you talking about the two stainless 90 degree elbows at the top of the turbo ? if do those are the coolant lines! the oil line is in the middle of the turbo (cartridge) and the bottom of the turbo has an aluminum box with a nipple that points to the front of the sled

ill pm you my phone number and email address and ill see if I can help. im by the phone now for the next couple hours so feel free to call

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Sorry, I'm way to tired at the moment. I'm talking about the coolant lines, not oil. Sorry about that. I haven't got around to working on the oil yet. Wich is wich of the COOLANTS on top of the turbo?

IMG_4045.jpg

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
Sorry, I'm way to tired at the moment. I'm talking about the coolant lines, not oil. Sorry about that. I haven't got around to working on the oil yet. Wich is wich of the COOLANTS on top of the turbo?

IMG_4045.jpg

no worries, I started this thread to help others so im glad its working

there is no in and out just hook it up either way.

Premium Features