• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ctec800 oil control

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Hello, can someone please explain the oil system on the ctec8000.
From my understanding it has a sealed gear in its own oil bath now to improve with oil consumption.
Couple questions.

-what if the seal lets go and the oil goes into the motor? Burns it don't notice get melts no more oil then boom?

- how is it electronically controled? The pump, pumps full bore all the time and the computer adjusts how much oil to give?

Thank you!

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
Good questions. I'm curious too. I'm guessing oil delete will no longer be an option?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Hello, can someone please explain the oil system on the ctec8000.
From my understanding it has a sealed gear in its own oil bath now to improve with oil consumption.
Couple questions.

-what if the seal lets go and the oil goes into the motor? Burns it don't notice get melts no more oil then boom?

- how is it electronically controled? The pump, pumps full bore all the time and the computer adjusts how much oil to give?

Thank you!

I would be willing to bet that the ecu will detect an oil pump failure and send a code and put engine into immediate safe mode so you stop and check code, or maybe kill motor. If the ecu is telling how much oil to give the engine it should be able to tell if the pump is not turning or cannot turn the rpm for desired rate. Should be in the maintenance manual.

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If it's like the 600s the oil pump is electric and lives inside the oil tank. Has various lines that feed the bottom end of the motor and fuel delivery system.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
From ArcticInsider:

Electric Oil Pump: Controlled by the engine management system, an electric oil pump delivers the precise oil requirements, from engine idle to full-throttle, adjusting oil consumption from sea level to high altitude. Oil is injected into the air intake flanges and the fuel rail for full engine lubrication including the pistons.

Fuel:eek:il ratios can be as high as 65:1 depending on load, which is why the C-TEC2 uses so little oil (and why the engine requires the oil formulated specifically for it).

Oil & Fuel Mix in the Rail: For maximum bearing life, a small amount of oil is delivered to the fuel rail and mixed with the fuel prior to injection. When the fuel is injected and travels through the piston skirt slot, the piston pin bearing receives added lubrication to ensure optimal bearing life even in the most extreme situations.

This is another key difference from high-pressure DI systems which require a return fuel loop back into the fuel tank, thus preventing oil from being injected into the rail (instead, oil is injected directly into the engine). The lack of oil lubrication via the fuel spray is a huge challenge for other systems.

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
It's the water pump gear which runs in a sealed oil bath.

Premium Features