• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M8000 pic and spec's

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Biggest problem is getting rid of suzuki motor..New motor not using near the oil is not good!!!

I don't think it'll be a problem the gf has a 600ctec great little motor and goes good. All the problems the 800zuk showed, LOADING UP was a huge one, I never experienced it but many did experience the hard starting when hot, the bog the zuk was a screamer ou could hold it wide open and it loved to scream. I think cat wouldn't dare make a motor that is just as reliable if not more so ( I blew mine at 6500 hard miles oil control rod popped off I have no doubt it still be going if it weren't for that) and also I doubt they'd release a new engine with the same problems as the old one. The electric pump is far more efficient.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Biggest problem is getting rid of suzuki motor..New motor not using near the oil is not good!!!

I hear ya, but there's a lot of tech involved with this design, time shall tell on the durability, but I think Cat did their homework on this one.

-Stack

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
anyone else worried about the hollow jackshaft and aluminum drive shaft? I wonder when ya chuck 12lbs of boost at it are we gonna have issues??? I think the 18's look good!!!! just don't wanna go down the Polaris broken parts train.... its one thing to be a little chunky, but if its chunky and blowning apart.... not cool.

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
anyone else worried about the hollow jackshaft and aluminum drive shaft? I wonder when ya chuck 12lbs of boost at it are we gonna have issues??? I think the 18's look good!!!! just don't wanna go down the Polaris broken parts train.... its one thing to be a little chunky, but if its chunky and blowning apart.... not cool.

I would not be too worried over the hollow jack shaft. Doo has used one for several years now with little to no issues.

Unless cat does like Polaris on their aluminum driveshaft, I'd think it would be fine.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

Don't you read the Polaris section? There are no real issues with anything. :face-icon-small-win

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Prefer not to drive 500 miles.
We had a dealer 15min away for several decades. He's done with Arctic Cat. :(

GS6

dealer in Pasco istn too bad. nice peeps, ask for cody on the tech questions. i had my MC in august before anybody on here that i remember so i bet they can get one soon if its not on the floor now.

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
Prefer not to drive 500 miles.
We had a dealer 15min away for several decades. He's done with Arctic Cat. :(

GS6

I use adventure in Monroe. Small dealer getting bigger but still know your name.

I was really hoping they would take that green to the next level. Would love to see something like the seahawks color rush jerseys this year. Just really not feeling the standard grey. Been there, done that.

If AC really wants to bring us polaris & Doo converts back, then make a big splash.

I really like what i see. Been stalking the changes since 16 and have decided to snowcheck something new this spring. I guess a couple more weeks and well see all the goodies released.

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
This is just the early release snopro. Sure there will be plenty of "bling" for the snowcheck guys and whatever the higher end sleds end up being, Limited? Mountain Cat? Would imagine even the in season snopro's will have at least 2 color combo's:) Have already seen a pic of an orange and white that looked AWESOME, hopefully they will have an all orange and all green!

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
Pretty sure if your worried about an aluminum driveshaft you can throw a steel one in when you dump $7,000 on your turbo and other mods.

Been there, done that.... already beefed up a steel jack shaft to run the turbo I got now, just wondering what everyone's thought are.... don't get ur panties in a knot, I'm not trying to talk trash about your first born, just asking!?

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Been there, done that.... already beefed up a steel jack shaft to run the turbo I got now, just wondering what everyone's thought are.... don't get ur panties in a knot, I'm not trying to talk trash about your first born, just asking!?

I hear ya, my thoughts are throw it away and install steel one even on stock sled.....

P
Nov 27, 2007
Jerome, Idaho
curious

I was talking to the guys at the local shop and they said something about a mono rail for the rear suspension that was supposed to blow away the T-motion that skidoo is so proud of....has anybody else heard this????

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
Mono rail is on the snow bike. Can't see them doing that on a sled, but who knows?

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
No doubt, they nailed this one. Be on the snow early enough to impress the masses. With them testing the motor for about 4 years this should be pretty much a problem free sled that is gonna be on top for next year. Awesome job Cat!!!

yeah, cat "tested" the motor for 4 years. there is no test like the public, and it inevitably seems new things dont hold up like they say they do, funny how that works. IMO this is very scary that the 800 is no longer suzuki and cat is now building their own motors. For me, wait and see on this one.

Premium Features