• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PCV with PTI on CFI 700 Dragon

lord7

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2009
Spring Creek, NV
I just purchased a PCV with PTI for my 2007 polaris CFI 700 turbo at 8psi. I use to run a dobeck box with fuel pressure set at 40psi. Do i still need a rising fuel pressure regulator with the Power Commander? Any help would be highly appreciated.

C
Jul 13, 2009
Boise, ID
With the dobeck box you can't take away fuel. That's why the lower the fuel pressure. With the power commander you can take away fuel at every rpm and throttle range. So no need for the regulator. Have fun running the power comander. I thought about doing the same thing. But I like riding more then tuning. Just to much adjustment on the power comander

lord7

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2009
Spring Creek, NV
Power Commander

Why do you say more tuning than riding? With my Dobeck controller i was constantly adjusting it throughout the day. My sled would rip at the pickup just as soon as i climbed elevation it just ran like crap until i made little changes throughout the day. Dont get me wrong everyone has there preferences, just wanting to try something new. Plus my dobeck fried itself so its either buy another dobeck or try something new. Jim at Dynotech is put the map on my PCV made for my modifications and pipe. My brother and I have a lot of tuning experience so tuning this sled should quite easy.

C
Jul 13, 2009
Boise, ID
I say that because the dobeck box has minimal adjustments over a wide range of throttle position and load or rpm. The power comander has so much adjustment it's almost like making a whole new map and the adjustments are not as easy as push a button and go. More like hook up lap top and adjust. I can't remember but I think it's every 150 rpm and 0 to 100 throttle position. That's a lot of numbers.

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
What sucks about the power commander is that you need a laptop to change the fuel ratios.

Is there a fuel programmer that allows a person to add or take away fuel as needed?

lord7

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2009
Spring Creek, NV
pcv

The power commander allows you to add or take away fuel as needed? Maybe I don't understand your question. You can change the fuel by either 250rpm increments or as 500rpm increments. If I understand right? The table allows you to add or subtract fuel in a percent between the rpm and throttle position. For example if your Afr is too rich at idle, select the box between 1500rpm and 0% throttle and add a -1 or however far you need to go to get the perfect fuel ratio. I've been playing with my pcv since I got it yesterday, have to say I'm already impressed compared to my old dobeck.

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Yes your right about the power commander, but you need a laptop to make those changes. The boondocker box you can make these changes without a laptop

Premium Features