• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**Arctic Cat Clutch Bulletin**

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Good question as I'm in the same boat. Don't think Cat Care will cover it unless there is a problem. I seen that they will sell it at a discounted rate at first for the 2012 guys but don't remember the price. It's on HCS somewhere.

Yes I saw that as well. . . They need to take care of everyone. I honestly have become a cat loyalist now. I used to be a ski doo guy but since buying my cat I love Arctic Cat. Are they perfect. . . Surely not. I just want them to give me the clutch that should have been on my sled. I don't see why someone who bought a holdover 12 in MY13 should recieve the clutch for free and I should have to pay $150 for it.

You know what I mean?

I guess we will wait and see.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Yes I saw that as well. . . They need to take care of everyone. I honestly have become a cat loyalist now. I used to be a ski doo guy but since buying my cat I love Arctic Cat. Are they perfect. . . Surely not. I just want them to give me the clutch that should have been on my sled. I don't see why someone who bought a holdover 12 in MY13 should recieve the clutch for free and I should have to pay $150 for it.

You know what I mean?

I guess we will wait and see.

I agree. The vast majority of our problems are with the considerable number of early ordered sleds and the sales that followed shortly after.

Many of these "loyal" Arctic Cat customers still have the sleds and they should be at the top of the warranty list. Most are well documented as Arctic Cat has stepped up and bought belts, but it is a shame the amount of hoops we will have to jump through to get them handled.

At least we have options to affordably make them better but they should have applied the clutch, which is the only thing they are doing as a service bulletin to all VIN numbers period IMO.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I talked to my dealer on friday. They have not gotten all the details from Cat, they say normally all details are out 2 weeks after Hay Days. I have 3 of these sleds(2 - 12s and 1 -13), 2 were belt blowers and one was not. They don't think getting secondarys on warrenty will be a problem butt they feel that the primarys are sticking and that its going to be tough to get them covered.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
my dealer got all the pricing and eta on stuff, most stuff is in october i think, i think the secondary was end of oct or nov cant remember now. prices for things are CHEAP for us 12 owners

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
Went in to the dealer today and he looked up my clutch and it now says December for availability? Bummed out!

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
Waiting until December means I'm going to blow at least 2 more 084 belts. There goes another $320 down the drain!

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
my dealer has my parts on order.
got an update today, everything is backordered:mmph:

new secondary: 12/16/13
new belt guard: 12/6/13
19/50 gears: 10/22/13

X

xreaper

Feb 27, 2011
Russia
Yeah, Arctic Cat screwed up with the parts in time. Just one month earlier could be fine, but to get a clutch in december means to blow a belt every riding day in november..

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Clutch

I called and got on the list. I have to thank Arctic Cat for stepping up to the plate to keep customers happy. They recognize a problem and listened to their customers. I would guess this is not a cheap venture, nor were our sleds. Thanks again.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
This is 2 years late. What about the guys who fought with this on their 2012's. Cat is just now coming out with this fix and to add insult to injury there gonna charge the guys who actually stuck with them and kept there belt munching monsters despite all the headaches and money out of pocket. i have a 2013 800 so will get it for free, but i have a couple friends who will have to pay to get the upgrades. Doesn't seem right to me.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Pretty sure AC or anyone for that fact forced your buddies to buy a 12. It’s the risk one takes buying a first year production anything. Big part of what’s wrong with this country these days – entitlement. No one wants to take responsibility for the decisions they make in life.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
Chewy the 084 belt up here costs $240.00 per belt and the one buddy was having to carry 3 of these with him for a days ride just to make sure he could get back to the truck. Cat bought a few at the beginning then left him high and dry till now. That's not someone feeling entitled, screwed over maybe. I think he probably was getting a better price than that seeing as he was buying in bulk :face-icon-small-ton, but I would bet at best $200.00.

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Chewy the 084 belt up here costs $240.00 per belt and the one buddy was having to carry 3 of these with him for a days ride just to make sure he could get back to the truck. Cat bought a few at the beginning then left him high and dry till now. That's not someone feeling entitled, screwed over maybe. I think he probably was getting a better price than that seeing as he was buying in bulk :face-icon-small-ton, but I would bet at best $200.00.
I think your buddy needs to get a better dealer. My dealer replaced both clutches under warranty last season for my 2012 after I blew 3 belts. It does suck the belts are $240 though. I used to laugh at my ski-doo buddies for paying that.

I just came from the dealer and ordered the new clutch, guard, and 19/50 gears. He is putting in a request with cat to get this for free because my VIN is a documented belt burner. I suggest your buddy does the same.

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
I just got the word back that my 12 wont be covered under the cat care warranty I have and I have to pay for the clutch. Anyone else get there cat care to pay for the clutch?

Premium Features