• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*NEW* ProClimb/Cross AirFrame Hood from Skinz

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Skinz ran this hood on their machine all last year and did not burn up one belt. The heat reduction is significant and the airflow through the hood keeps everything cool. The intakes in the hood now become vents that flow air out of the highest point in the hood preventing the chimney effect of heat trapping. They relocated the mass air flow sensor into the cold air intake at the nose of the machine and dramatically increased the area of the intake to allow more and constant cold air intake. The air no longer has to route through the ducting where it gets heated from the pipe and then make a U turn to get into the throttle bodies. The hood is all open and allows air movement along with deleting the headlight. The customer has the option of adding holes or additional venting in the open areas. All the panels install just like the OEM and fitment is exactly the same. There is no modifications necessary and the OEM hood can go back on the machine when the customer sells the machine or wants it stock again.

This will NOT fit the Turbo's but Skinz is building one that will!

Price is $499.95 Retail

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1214

SPGArcticCatAirframeHoodProClimbweb.jpg

ArcticCatProClimbACMF250-BKweb.jpg

These will be available in the next 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Looks nice. It would be nice though, if some one out there would think outside the box and save some real weight.

If you take the time to make a mold, why not eliminate some pieces like the bat wings and middle panels. Make it rounded (IQR is a real nice shape, to copy, for snow to fall off) or triangular (ease of design and to funnel heat out) for function instead of angular for looks. Maybe design in gill vents for passive air flow instead of cutting them out later and adding weight back in (vents wiegh more than holes).
I think there is 25 to 30 lbs to be lost with a new shape clear tank and hood-panels (just 3 piece) designed to fit. Probably all for the cost of one CF hood.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Looks nice. It would be nice though, if some one out there would think outside the box and save some real weight.

If you take the time to make a mold, why not eliminate some pieces like the bat wings and middle panels. Make it rounded (IQR is a real nice shape, to copy, for snow to fall off) or triangular (ease of design and to funnel heat out) for function instead of angular for looks. Maybe design in gill vents for passive air flow instead of cutting them out later and adding weight back in (vents wiegh more than holes).
I think there is 25 to 30 lbs to be lost with a new shape clear tank and hood-panels (just 3 piece) designed to fit. Probably all for the cost of one CF hood.

I kinda agree they should have just built a mold to do the entire hood. The wings on the side are needed though as the back of the stock hood sides are flimsy without the batwings.

J
Feb 25, 2010
I have been running this hood for several months on a 1100 turbo. All together with fresh air intake it is lighter than the section that you have changed out. Did not use supplied filter. My only recomendations would be make sure your exhaust is wrapped and i made two small aluminum braces to support the hood to help from heat damage . Otherwise it serves its function quite well with keeping the factory look including a very simple inexpensive way to create a fresh air intake bonus that alone covers part of the cost of the hood! For the intake i ran a 2.5in hose between the 90deg elbow and the factory fresh air pod.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
M1100T

I have been running this hood for several months on a 1100 turbo. All together with fresh air intake it is lighter than the section that you have changed out. Did not use supplied filter. My only recomendations would be make sure your exhaust is wrapped and i made two small aluminum braces to support the hood to help from heat damage . Otherwise it serves its function quite well with keeping the factory look including a very simple inexpensive way to create a fresh air intake bonus that alone covers part of the cost of the hood! For the intake i ran a 2.5in hose between the 90deg elbow and the factory fresh air pod.

I also thought of trying this hood on my M1100T. I have a BD pod so I don't require an intake built-in! Good to know it'll work!

J
Feb 25, 2010
Heat is you only enemy specificly the exhaust side.The hood gets close that is where you need get creative otherwise you will melt it!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Lots of reflective tape

Heat is you only enemy specificly the exhaust side.The hood gets close that is where you need get creative otherwise you will melt it!

I also have my header and turbo blankets, fan and my 3" TD exhaust is wrapped. Lots of venting too! I have dropped underhood temps immensely.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

Good to know, I'll pass it along to Skinz.

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone running one on the 800. Have a few guys interested just want some thoughts before we all pull the trigger.

Premium Features