• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Polaris 800 owners Problems?

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
Anyone out there having problems with their new 2012 800 primary's? I have heard of several instances of people's clutches breaking in half, and jamnuts coming loose... Just wondering if people out there are having the same problems and if so, around how many miles they have/had on them when the problem started???

Thanks!

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
At this point I kind of wish I was having some sort of problem with my 2012.

Right now it's sitting in the garage with 0 miles on it.

At least if I had a "problem" with it that means I would have been riding it!

Unfortunately, mother nature doesn't have a complaint department!

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
At this point I kind of wish I was having some sort of problem with my 2012.

Right now it's sitting in the garage with 0 miles on it.

At least if I had a "problem" with it that means I would have been riding it!

Unfortunately, mother nature doesn't have a complaint department!

Im sitting in the same boat with a lot of other people :face-icon-small-fro

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
400 miles and only one problem, Can't stop smiling!!!! I check clutches and most of the high use/abuse areas every ride, and have never seen anything out of spec.

6 of my buddies bought Pro's this year and only one has had issues, I think it was tps settings.

T G

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Nevada
bolt didn't feel bad,screwed puller in an about 1/3 turn with breaker bar pop went primary wow.when i put it on bench my fingers felt funny,took white rag wiped where crank end @end of shaft hum oil.Went to set belt clearence pulled jam nut@spider with 18'' breaker.I'm 63 in fair shape jam nut torque (310 ft-lb) spider(290 ft-lb) what what ya think :face-icon-small-hap if you've pulled one of these apart you know what i'm talking about

Premium Features