• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My next project??

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I'm just looking on some feedback as to what sled I should build.
I have a rt 1000 should I turbo it? some have had good results turboing this motor.
Stuff a nytro turbo in it?
Sell RT and buy a pro chassis and put Brad's(power addiction's) 1100 twin in it?
Or build a titanium nypex? This might be out of my price range for now..
Or buy a cat turbo (used in the spring) and go to town on it, the full treatment as my nytro?

I already have a MCX turbo nytro 162" challenger extreme, timber sled rear skid, z bros front end, exit shocks, cr racing tunnel, Diamond s sub frame, cr racing steering post, bumper, tunnel dump, anti stab kit, trail tank mcx display box Br tech racing hood,5 piece vent kit,
I'm pretty much done with this one only need to fix what I break now!!

Myself right now I'm leaning towards selling the rt and buying a pro chassis with Brad's 1100 to be installed with twins. This would be an all around fun sled light and nimble with gobs of power..
I'm not really looking for a chute slayer I want something a little different then what I already have.
I don't know to much about polaris, will the pro stock drive train handle 220 hp or will I have to upgrade it? Any and all input will be glady accepted.:tea::canada:

Last edited:
R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Depends severely on your budget. None of the things you posted there are similar in cost.

Turbo your RT, most likely 5-6k
Nytro Engine and Turbo 10k
Pro with 1100 20k+
Titanium Nypek 35-40k
Depends on Year with the Cat, but considering you would be piecing the parts together it could be the cheapest of them all.

And these are all US prices in my head, probably more in Alberta. If you have the coin and want to do a bit*hin build the pro is the way to go since you already have a four banger, and yes it can handle 220 horse. But I find it funny and hard to compare your options.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Sell all of it and buy a turbo pro thats already done....or since it seems your a millionaire just check a 13 pro and order up a 1100 from Brad! You wont ever ride any of your other sleds if you buy a pro....

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the 1100 in the pro sounds like the most fun/nimble and reliable to me as for your options, all fun, but that would be my #1. would be an animal in the woods with a good truck under it.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
the 1100 in the pro sounds like the most fun/nimble and reliable to me as for your options, all fun, but that would be my #1. would be an animal in the woods with a good truck under it.

Why stop there? Have brad set him up with a simply pump gas turbo on the 1100, CMX belt drive or Fastrax drop and roll, and maybe a few more little goodies. Just for fun, if it were me i would keep the 155" track.

Hell it's your money, not mine, you could spend $60,000 talking like that. :tea:

Dragontex

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008

I would go with the Pro with Brad's 1100. That thing is a work of art. I can't wait to ride mine.

Last edited:
O

Ove

Dec 30, 2007
Norway
Myself right now I'm leaning towards selling the rt and buying a pro chassis with Brad's 1100 to be installed with twins. This would be an all around fun sled light and nimble with gobs of power..
I'm not really looking for a chute slayer I want something a little different then what I already have.
I don't know to much about polaris, will the pro stock drive train handle 220 hp or will I have to upgrade it? Any and all input will be glady accepted.:tea::canada:

It would be a really nice addition to the Yami, lighter with unbelieveable trottle response and alot moore fun playing around with. Generally the drivetrain would not even notice the difference in power. If I had a fourstroke, i would get any twinpiped twostroke in addition just so i would be able to sleep at night ;)

Last edited:
S
Jul 28, 2008
Logan utah
i would go to brad i ride in the same area as him and know a few guys with his 1100 and i have always seen them running really strong very impressed with brads work!! while you are there get a his tunnel it looks good and works even better my friend has it on his pro

Premium Features